Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
C. Viper Matchup I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

C. Viper Matchup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

C. Viper Matchup Empty
PostSubject: C. Viper Matchup   C. Viper Matchup I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Tierlisting: 5-5
Personal Matchup Level: 5/10

This is a very interesting match. Both characters rely on gimmicks. But Viper actually has normals to poke with and good moves while Fuerte doesn't. She actually has to catch Fuerte to do damage which you don't have to worry about to much because her moves have slow startup (only her Thunder Knuckle you have be wary of).

General Strategy

3/4 to Full Screen -

Viper is one of the few characters who can damage you from a distance. Her Seismo reaches almost full screen and hits low so you have to crouch block. Be wary of when you're Hab Dashing as she can knock you out of it. Most of the time it starts up slow enough for you to stop but that will put on big chip and she can either SJC into another one or her BK so watch out for those. If she whiffs a Seismo though, her recovery is so long that you can run up to her and punish for big damage or a mix up. Otherwise, LK Guac for meter.

Mid Screen/Poking Distance -

This is where Viper is dangerous for Fuerte. Her LP/MP TK are extremely safe especially hit at max range at this distance. She can AA you with either st.HK or her HP TK so don't jump at her (your jump is very floaty). Her cr.MK isn't the best but it's still better than anything Fuerte has so beware of sticking out any limbs. She can cancel into LP/MP TK making it worse...it keeps you within her distance. She will feint a lot so don't get finicky. Her feints are easy to tell from her actual attack. Bait her HP TK with a run stops. Punish with RSF, easy damage.

Close Distance -

Her cr.MP will own you at this range. It comes out fast and can cancel. It varies on the Viper what can happen here.

You can get a TK happy player who will just constantly spam it. A bit annoying to deal with but you can jab them out of it by reading them correctly.

There is the feinter who just loves to feint after each normal. I find this one a lot tougher to deal with cause from all appearances, they know what they are doing. It's basically an OS Tech trap so just block accordingly. Wait for an opening in the assault then get away.

Ultra of Choice

Last edited by Mincereth on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

C. Viper Matchup Empty
PostSubject: Re: C. Viper Matchup   C. Viper Matchup I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Thunder Knuckle
LP & MP:
- don't try to counter, at disadvantage (not even a Reversal Ultra)
HP:
- RSF
- Ultra

Burning Kick
- LK Guac, but timing is crucial, must be before her back leg can strike
- Air Throw but also crucial timing
- B. Hab Dash, delay the attack input a bit otherwise you'll get hit
- Ultra on reaction, not after block
Note:
was testing Fuerte's normals and f. LP, c. MP and HP stuff anything but
her LK BK, also allowing you to cancel into Hab Dash (but again, timing
is crucial, practice it if you want to use this