Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) Empty
PostSubject: Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)   Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Well, I'm back. I got Super SF4 and played on it for 2 hours straight, and like McDonalds, I'm lovin it!

The gameplay looks real solid, like SF4 does. So, I though "What the heck", and decided to go after some trophies. I tried to get the Long Time No See trophy, which is basically Legendary Champion of vanilla SF4. It took me 2 tries, but I pulled it off (1st time, I got Akuma Mad ). Now the AI bosses actually are harder. Akuma has a double air fireball, Seth is a little smarter than before (but only a little), and Gouken's fireballs are 2 hits WITHOUT the charge. And if Gouken gets you into a corner, it's lights out!

Also, they give you titles for beating Arcade mode on Medium (blue title) and Hardest (red title) as well as beating Akuma and Gouken. ("Akuma Killer" and "Gouken Killer")

After that, I decided to do some trials. I knew I wasn't going to get them all in one shot, so I did what I could. I got pretty far with Ryu, Ken, Dudley, Adon, Juri, and Hakan. Will do some more later.

Oh, and I did the Bonus Stages, too. I got the Oh No, My Car! Trophy real easy. Did it with Honda and his 100 Hand slap.
I noticed to get the trophy, you have to beat it in less than 30 secs. Haven't figured out the how to get 110K on the barrel stage yet, but I'm workin on it.

I didn't like the colors 11 and 12 all too much, but it was nice to know that the DLC people got for vanilla SF4 are available on this game from the start. Smile

Anyway, I still have a lot to do. But I'll see you guys online! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)   Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:31 pm

nice write up! I'll be done babysitting in a half hour then I can play nonstop for the rest of the day bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Leon
Admin
Leon

PSN : GG4LYF

PostSubject: Re: Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)   Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:36 pm

the trials have so many hard links now! or maybe its just me not being good with links. lolol took me forever just to finish deejay's trials. Sad but i havent played any arcade mode yet Very Happy maybe ill play today when leon is doing homework. hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://forum.descrubify.com
squishybee

squishybee

PostSubject: Re: Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)   Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:37 pm

my bad, i posted on leon's account ^^

lol i hope he doesnt get mad
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

PostSubject: Re: Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)   Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:36 pm

I'm gonna start playing after I eat. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)   Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Update:
I beat the Barrel Stage using Zangief and his Lariat. Easy to get 125K.
Oh yeah, I also got 155K on the car Stage w/ Chun-Li!
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)   Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:36 am

I haven't touched the Arcade Mode but I'll try it later

Team Battle is A LOT of fun, especially when you're with good friends, cheering each other on while trading playful banter with our opponents was just great. The 6 of us from the DSB Lounge last night (Me, DG, Awesome, Fei, Mac and Rude) had a blast just switching up teammates and killing each other (with me not winning a single match lol).

Endless Battle is a good way to keep playing different opponents without having to go out and find new opponents. However, it does get tedious (for both these modes) to constantly wait for your match (especially if the other players aren't good and you have to watch them...but then again we're all bad with the new characters so that part is forgiven lol).

Positive Note: Endless Battle set to only a 2 player lobby with 1 private slot is exactly the same as Player Matches so that's an extreme positive right there.

Characters: I'm happy with all the new characters. Even though I only like about half of them, it's gonna be a great time consumer learning them all and becoming effective with them like we did in SFIV. I've already made up my mind with Ibuki as my main character of choice of the new cast.

Trials: Like KG, I only got through a few of them, and am having trouble with some of them. How do you do Ryu's Trial (don't remember the number) where you have to do MP, FADC, MP, FADC, MP (whatever)? I don't get it lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

PostSubject: Re: Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)   Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 am

That one is all execution. I'm having trouble on it too. Ken has one as well I think.
Back to top Go down
Leon
Admin
Leon

PostSubject: Re: Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)   Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:16 pm

great game so far. i havent tried online modes and have just been doing all the trials and playing versus. can't wait to learn all the new things for everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.descrubify.com

PostSubject: Re: Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)   Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:33 pm

Same here. I've just beaten Arcade Mode on Hardest with all the characters. I'll do some more trials later, but I really want to do Endless Battle or Team Battle tonight.
Back to top Go down
Fistvsface

PSN : Fistvsface

PostSubject: Re: Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)   Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Wow I haven't been on DSB forums in so long >.<

Well, first thing I did was try out chun. I noticed a couple tweaks like that it's a bit harder to combo c.lk>c.lk>ex.legs but I think I've adjusted to it. Her crouching mp is incredibly faster as well. I'm also having fun with Kikosho and how easy it is to land ;D

I also really like that it saves all of your replays for a certain amount of time, although it would have been really nice to be able to save offline ones as well.

I'm also having a lot of fun playing Juri. Can't wait to see what craziness people come up with for her feng shui engine.

WE NEED TO GET SOME DSB TEAM BATTLES GOING!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)   Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super is OUT! (My 1st Impressions)
Page 1 of 1