Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Ibuki General Summary I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Ibuki General Summary

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

Ibuki General Summary Empty
PostSubject: Ibuki General Summary   Ibuki General Summary I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:22 am

Normals

Several of her normals can be Super Jump Cancled just like Viper. Following is a list of what can be SJC'd out of (either by just jumping or into a special):

c. LP
c. HP (first hit)
MK
c. HK
f. LK
b. MP (first hit)
cr. LP
cr. MP
cr. HP
cr. LK

Specials

- Kunai, this is her only projectile. However it's not the best cause it doesn't negate other fireballs and it can be knocked out of the air by an attack. The strength of the punch determines the angle of the Kunai: LP travels very steep while HP travels at a much wider angle. The EX version inflicts more damage and it consists of 2 Kunai (both can be knocked out of the air) and is much faster than the normal version. This also leads into her Vortex (explained later).

- Tsuijigoe, this is a command jump that has Ibuki leap into the air and can be followed with a Kunai. Not spectacular.

- Neck Breaker, this attack must be blocked low and is an excellent move after a combo cause your opponent can't doa quick stand. The LP version travels a short distance and the HP version travels further. The EX can go under projectiles. However, this move is extremely unsafe if blocked. It is also an armor breaker as well as a good set up for her Vortex.

- Raida, also an armor breaker move and also results in an untechable knockdown. It pushes the opponent across the screen so it's perfect to put them into the corner. Follow with a HP Neck Breaker and you'll recover in time to continue your assault. It beats out throws as well so use it if you see a throw coming. Can be combo'd after using an EX Tsumuji in the corner.

- Kasumi Gake, this is her command dash. It can be a great way to mix up the opponent by getting behind them. It can't get through normals that are active and it can't go through projectiles so be wary. LK and MK leaves you in front of the opponent while HK will put you behind them. There is a slight recovery after wards so beware.

- Kazegiri, this is her form of an SRK but frankly, it's terrible, it will always be stuffed unless you release it the moment your opponent jumps which it will probably whiff in that scenario, the only version to use is the EX Kazegiri cause of it's start up invincibility...do not use this for AA purposes

- Tsumuji, a series of kicks with different attributes depending on the strength of the button: LK comes out the fastest but is only 2 hits (safe on block it seems), MK and HK have 3 hits if you input another kick and if you press down kick, the third will cause an untechable knockdown, MK recovers the fastest and is also the safest on block if you don't use the third hit, EX version consists of four hits with the option of the second through fourth hits hitting low (but less damage compared to standing kicks)

- Hien, this acts as an overhead but it can't be combo'd into, follow with a Kunai or even better, her super, if you see it connect, like any other move, the strength of the button pressed determines distance while the EX version homes in on the opponent and knocks them down

Super

The Kasumi Suzaku is different from other Supers. This one is initiated while in the air. The strength of the punch button determines the angle of the attack (just like her Kunai). It inflicts excellent chip damage if blocked and is perfectly safe if they all hit. The perfect combo into this is with a confirmed Hien. If you connect a close HK, HJC into this for massive damage.

Ultra 1

The Yoroitoshi Ultra is a throw but it doesn't have the instant throw like capabilities like other throw Ultras like Zangief or T. Hawk. It has very short range so if you miss it by just a fraction, the full animation doesn't come out. It does massive damage if the whole animation goes through.

Ultra 2

Her Hashinsho is her preferred Ultra combo. It is extremely easy to combo into coming from her Target Combos. It still needs solid execution and practice but it's no nearly as difficult as C. Vipers. It also goes through projectile attacks and has armor breaking properties.

Last edited by Mincereth on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:22 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Ibuki General Summary   Ibuki General Summary I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:23 am

Unique Attacks

Agemen (b. MP) - great for AA, first hit can be canceled into Kasumi Gake and combo'd
Backhand Punch (Far HP>HP)
Spin Kick (f. LK) - great poke
Reverse Spin Kick (b. MK)
Hammer Kick (f. MK) - overhead, leads into either s. LP , cr. LP or Spin Kick and into combo (strict timing)
Sazan (df. MK) - slide, goes under projectiles, negative on hit as well so only use for projectiles (unless it is used from maximum distance)
Bonsho Kick (f. HK) - goes over low attacks
High Jump (D. U) - self explanatory

Target Combos

Ibuki has a plethora of Target Combos:

1. (In Air) HP>f. MK
2. (In Air) LP>f. HP
3. (In Air) LK>f. MK (easiest one to do)
4. LP>MP>HP (leads into any move including Ultra 2)
5. Far LP>MP>f. LK (just a poke, doesn't lead into anything)
6. LP>MP>d. HK>HK (reset, use HJC to get in on opponent)
7. b. MK>f. MK (doesn't combo)
8. HP>d. HK>HK (reset, use HJC to get in on opponent)
9. LK>MK>HK (just a poke, but you can stop at MK to lead into a move or even Ultra 2)

The Following are just basic combos

Quick Pokes

- Spin Kick xx LK Tsumuji
- cr. MP xx LK Tsumuji

Overhead

- Hammer Kick, (Spin Kick, s. LP, cr. LP) xx LK Tsumuji

Anti-Air

her Ageman (B + MP) is def the superior one but lets go over the others...

- cr. HP is pretty good, can sjc out of it into a mixup
- her Kazegiri will always get stuffed unless it's the EX version
- her c. HK has to be directly above her to work properly and to combo into Raida or SJC out of it into mixup
- her far HK works against jumpers from (obviously) a bit further away (like Chun's) but it'll often get stuffed so...
- Raida actually works well but it has to be timed right
- cr. MK acts as a Trip Guard (but doesn't cancel)

as for Ageman, you can cancel the first hit into her MK Kasumi Gake and follow with:

- Raida
- Kazegiri
- cr. HP SJC mixup
- c. HK SJC MK Kasumi Gake (extremely difficult) into mixup

Combos (Mid Screen)*

- cr. LP, cr. LP, s. LP, MK xx Neckbreaker (bnb)
- cr. MP xx Neckbreaker (easy punish)
- TC 4 xx Neckbreaker
- TC 9 (stop at MK) xx Neckbreaker
- cr. LP, cr. LP, cr. LP, cr. HK
- TC 4 xx LK Tsumuji, LP, MK xx Neckbreaker (difficult link)

* Anything that ends with Neckbreaker is preferred but you can use any of her other moves

Combos (Corner)

- cr. LP, cr. LP, s. LP, MK xx EX Tsumuji, Raida (bnb corner)

FADC Mixup

- TC 4 xx HK Kazegiri, FADC, cr. HP SJC...
- TC 4 xx HK Kazegiri, FADC, c. HK, J. HK
- TC 4 xx HK Kazegiri, FADC, c. HK SJC MK Kasumi Gake, cr. HP SJC...
- TC 4 xx HK Kazegiri, FADC, Raida
- TC 4 xx HK Kazegiri, FADC, Ageman...

Last edited by Mincereth on Sat May 22, 2010 5:20 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Ibuki General Summary   Ibuki General Summary I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:28 am

This is being filled up while I'm training at the moment and what I'm noticing lol

Option Selects

I used a Neckbreaker to cause an untechable knockdown then I led in with a j. LK (buffer SP) cr. LP

Neck Breaker - gets blocked (any version)
LK Tsumuji - works (MK and HK are too slow)
Raida - any version works
Kazegiri - any version works

Vortex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1jcbtwl99Q

The vortex is a way of forcing your opponent into a guessing game while he is waking up, with the goal being to make him guess wrong and put him back in the same exact situation. This is especially potent with Ibuki because of her Neckbreaker move (hcf+p) due to it's high stun component. The idea is simple: get an untechable knockdown on your opponent, jump forward and throw out a Kunai, trying to mask it as a crossup or not. Then using the hit stun from the Kunai, continue with a combo or throw.

So after using the Neckbreaker:
1. without moving, if you super jump you can, go for a cross up by throwing your kunai a little bit before you cross over the fallen opponent.
2. you can also release it a little before the normal timing to land in front of your opponent but it is dangerous cause of certain wake up moves (like EX SRK)
3. using a normal jump, take a little tiny step forward (or mask it by rolling from forward to up forward) to set up a nasty cross up with the kunai

Note: After any kunai setup, if you go for cr.lp there is a hole for a reversal for the blocking opponent. That video says if you use s.lp then there is none, so maybe that should be used instead.

High Jump Cancel (HJC)/Super Jump Cancel (SJC)

This is where Ibuki differs from all the other characters (except for Viper who also has a SJC). As said in the first post, there are several normals that can be SJC'd out of. The following will go a little bit in depth of what you can do.

Basic For a ninja, Ibuki has very slow recovering normals. One of the slower normals in the game it seems. So for her to negate this weakness, one choice is to cancel into a Tsumuji cause it's safe on block. But another option that will lead you into a quick mixup or getaway is to SJC out of the normal. Let's use her cr. MP as an example:

1. can SJC toward the opponent and attempt a Kunai cross up
2. can SJC back to go back into a stalemate and work from there
3. can SJC straight up and begin with a "slight" surprise attack from above

these are just a few things you can do

Advanced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVs-0W7QgU8

Thanks to Burnin for providing me with the video.

This is where the fun stuff happens. Thanks to her SJC Kasumi Gake (command dash), she is able to play games with people's heads and just completely mind f**k them. Depending on what normal you end with, you can technically SJC into any of her special moves or even her Ultra combo (but that's a bit more specific cause not all normals can combo into it) and also depending on the combo or normal you did, not all her special moves will connect. (remember, SJC'ing is different from a cancel)

So how do you SJC from a normal?

Let's take her Target Combo 8 for an example which is: HP>D+HK>HK. Usually the Ibuki player will just follow it with a jump and lead into a jump in combo (which is partially safe cause of it's timing, it can even stuff some SRK's). Under normal circumstances, you can't follow her HK with anything but a jump. But using her SJC will allow you to follow up with a Kasumi Gake (which is preferred over all her other specials). To do the motion, first input her Target Combo. As soon as you see the spark of the HK hit, input down, down forward, forward, up forward + HK (HK is preferred cause it can crossup or be an ambiguous crossup). Best part is you don't even after input the special that fast. It actually seems pretty lenient. Well, you have to time the the startup of the input exactly at the spark of the hit but after that, it's a smooth motion for the special and then you'll get her SJC Kasumi Gake! Pretty simple actually.

Last edited by Mincereth on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:59 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Ibuki General Summary   Ibuki General Summary I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:34 am

While fighting, I found out (the hard way) that Ibuki's Target Combo 4 (LP>MP>HP) often misses crouching opponents who are blocking so I'm compiling a list of who it hits and who it doesn't (I thought I saw someone from SRK doing this too but I can't find the page):

Second hit from MP connects when opponent is crouch blocking:
Abel, Adon, Fei Long, Gen, Gouken, Guile, Hakan, Makoto, Sagat, Sakura, Seth, T. Hawk, Zangief

Second hit from MP whiffs when opponent is crouch blocking:
Akuma, Balrog, Blanka, C. Viper, Cammy, Chun-Li, Cody, Dan, Dee Jay, Dudley, E. Honda, El Fuerte, Guy, Ibuki, Juri, Ken, M. Bison, Rose, Rufus, Ryu, Vega

First hit from MP whiffs when opponent is crouch blocking:
Dhalsim

TC Loops

(TC4) LP>MP>HP>LK. Tsumuji, LP, MK>Neck Breaker
(Strict timing)
Abel, Adon, Balrog, Chun-Li, Cody, Dee Jay, Dhalsim, Fei Long, Gen, Guy, Hakan (Mad difficult), M. Bison, Sagat, Vega, Zangief

(TC4) LP>MP>HP, LP, MK>Neck Breaker
(All Tsumuji loop characters can work with this also, except Adon & Hakan)
Blanka, Cammy, Dan*, Dudley, E. Honda, El Fuerte, Gouken, Guile, Juri, Ken*, Makoto, Rufus, Ryu*, Seth, T. Hawk

*Tougher than the others

No Loop
Akuma, C. Viper, Ibuki, Rose, Sakura

EX. Tsumuji Corner Mix Ups
After an EX. Tsumuji:
cr.HP
Abel, Akuma, Balrog, C. Viper, Cammy, Dee Jay, Dhalsim, Gen, Gouken, Juri, Sakura, Seth, T. Hawk, Vega
cr.HP (immediately after last kick)
Adon, Chun-Li, Cody, Dan, Dudley, E. Honda, El Fuerte, Fei Long, Hakan, M. Bison, Makoto, Rose, Rufus, Sagat, Zangief
Kazegiri, FADC, cr.HP
Blanka, Guy, Guile, Ibuki, Ken, Ryu

Strengths

- Her Vortex is her main strategy and will more than likely get you your wins.
- She has many ways around fireballs: f+ mk hops over them, df + mk goes under them, Tsuijigoe jumps over them (and builds meter), Hien hops over them, EX Neck Breaker slides under them
- She can SJC out of a lot of her normals
- Her Tsumuji is an awesomely safe move (excellent for poking)
- A plethora of Target Combos

Weaknesses

- She has 900 health and 950 stun so she will get stunned faster than most characters as well as being K.O.'d faster
- Besides her Tsumuji, nearly all her specials are unsafe on block
- Her Hien can get punished ever if it connects and you don't have super
- Her air throw seems on the weaker side compared to the other air throws

General Strategy

As I mentioned before, her Vortex is a huge part of her strategy to win matches. Successfully scoring an untechable knockdown and using a properly placed Kunai on your opponents wakeup will work wonders. But until that point, you'll need ways to get in. If your opponent is fireball happy, use EX Neck Breaker to punish. When in a poking battle, f + lk or cr. mp into LK or MK Tsumuji is an awesome poke into a relatively safe special (offering nice chip damage). As a punish for a whiffed attack from your opponent, there are many options you can use. For a damaging combo, Target Combo 4 > HK Kazegiri is her most damaging combo but going into a Neckbreaker is much more preferred cause it leads into the Vortex. Or you can even Target Combo 4 > Ultra 2 if you know how to SJC well. But if you want to go for a mixup instead, Target Combo 8 is the best choice. To build meter fast, jump back and instantly input her Kunai and it acts almost like a Triangle Jump so it's relatively safe from a distance. All in all, Ibuki is a pressure character (not a stupid runaway character like how a lot of online players use her) and when your Target Combo'ing your opponent endlessly, they'll break down.

Last edited by Mincereth on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the Loop Combo, Added the Corner Combo)
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

PostSubject: Re: Ibuki General Summary   Ibuki General Summary I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Great stuff Mince! When I have the time, I'll go through the whole thing in detail. I'm considering picking up Ibuki as alternate character with Juri. Smile You wrote up the whole thing yourself? I was thinking of taking from SRK forums for a Juri write up lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Ibuki General Summary   Ibuki General Summary I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:26 pm

yup! everything was all me (I was gonna copy/paste combos but honestly that wasn't needed so I only typed out the basics)
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Ibuki General Summary   Ibuki General Summary I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:53 am

Added the Loops in the combo section, a great way to add more damage to an easy combo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ibuki General Summary   Ibuki General Summary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ibuki General Summary
Page 1 of 1