Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Mortal Kombat!!!!!

Go down 
+5
Figgy
Teez
DGWeasel
Mincereth
Smooth
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:52 am

Aside from Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat was one of my favorite fighting games growing up. This game looks awesome, I can't wait to see what other characters are gonna be in it. Really hoping for Kabal & Rain. bounce Sektor looks sweet What a Face I love those X-Ray moves Twisted Evil What do you guys think?

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zr4K1y27AY

Gameplay Demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuIuALjLQeo
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:17 pm

I love the fact they got rid of that 3D plane crap, it was cause of that I started hating Mortal Kombat...I didn't get to watch the whole demo but I didn't see them switching classes (another thing I HATED about the new Mortal Kombat)

it looks beautiful
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:10 am

Yeah I had one of those crappy ones, it was awful. Neutral They went back to the old MK, like MK3. There are a lot great games coming out. I'm looking forward to them all. bounce
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Ugh I want this game now!
Back to top Go down
DGWeasel

DGWeasel

PSN : DGWeasel

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:37 pm

I'd rather have a new killer instinct, lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/DGWeasel
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:50 pm

So who else has this game? I just picked it up (but haven't even played it yet lol). The fatalities are so cool it's funny.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 3:09 am

I do and I love it!!!! I'm maining Smoke, Jade, and possibly Sonya...I may try Kitana or Mileena if I can get used to them. I had a good time just playing Story and challenge mode. I'm already finding 30-40% combos with my 3 characters. I wish Jade had stronger combos but she's a lot of fun, I found a 50% combo with her in the corner I know I will never hit tho Laughing Once I get my defense better I know I'll love this game just as much as SF. I grew up on both of them so I can definitely play both and not lose touch with either of them. Very Happy X-rays make me all happy inside lol bounce
Back to top Go down
Teez

Teez

PSN : imnotthatrude

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:52 am

My brother has it, from what I've seen/played, the game seems like it could definitely be viable competetively speaking (though who am I to assess a game series I've never touched other than mashing as a kid). I was liking kabal with the limited time I played, he has some ok high/low mixups and if you can predict a jump he can get you from even full screen away with his dash thingamajigg. Nightwolf has some cool juggles too with his glowing axe thing and shoulder. I can't say that I'm a big fan of the over-the-top gore, though. It's not offensive so much as it is pointless, but at least they managed to put gameplay mechanics at the forefront this time around. I'm still getting used to a game where I have to press a button to block...
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:03 am

X-Ray's don't make your opponent happy inside Burnin LMAO

I don't like the fact you have to push a button to block, I prefer just holding back

As for characters, I've always loved Sub-Zero (yes, people thinks he is cheap in the old days cause he could freeze you but I loved him mainly cause I love cold and he is ice...that's why I love Iceman in X-Men)
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:10 am

Mince what are you talking about...X-Ray's make ppl all squishy inside Razz LOL

I've gotten used to the blocking in this game, I just have to do it more Neutral The gore in MK is their MO, they're known for it. It wouldn't be a MK without it. Its the dark side of fighters Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:03 pm

The gore is the best part. It's what separated MK from all the other fighters..heck, it was almost not released in Australia this year! And in the past, they were almost banned cause of the violence.

I miss that the most. The fatalities in this game are majorly toned down compared to all the ones in the old days (though the real time blood and wounds are a great addition).

So far, my characters are Sub-Zero and Kano (Kano is so rugged and buff Wink )

I've yet to try out the rest of the cast but I'm getting there. I want to try everyone before going into Arcade more or the other things.

I'm DEF liking this more than MVC3...though I have to admit, I'm gonna get back into that again soon just to play against the computer (and maybe online), but I won't put too much into it.
Back to top Go down
Figgy

Figgy

PSN : Figgy346

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:25 pm

I picked it up a couple days ago...and I've already broken Kung Lao. With X-ray, I can do somewhere around 65% damage. Without, I think I got close to 50%. His jump X, dive kick just does too much damage (Yes, I'm actually using pad for this instead of stick. Stick just doesn't feel right for some reason.)! Apart from that, I've been enjoying most of the characters and will probably be posting up some combo videos soon. Expect at least one for Kung within the week.
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PSN : feiinweltall

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:56 pm

Man, I suck hard at this game. But I'm having fun with it.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:39 am

I don't like how there is no free combo system...crouching attacks don't combo, there are no hit confirms...it's very restrictive it feels (I still love the game itself though)...wish they made it a bit more fluid
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:59 am

you know... I think I found one of my big problems with your statement. but... is combing supermoves into your kombos hit konfirming?
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:09 am

Lol, I'm actually loving the kombo system more now that I'm figuring what moves kancel into special moves. I think the way they set it up is the the low attacks are just pokes, which is no big deal to me, it's different and I'm open to it. Trick is to see what kombos have low attacks in them. During the PowerUp stream last week, I remember kommentators talk about how you have to kommit to you're kombos, it's not like SF where you kan stop have way to be safe. Risk/reward....Mortal Kombat!!!!! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Nice use of the letter 'k' in your words. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:35 pm

You have to write like that when talking about MK, it's only natural Laughing
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:32 pm

Kan't talk MK without the proper spellings. People kould mistake you for a noob. I haven't even decided who I like in the game yet.

Kabal seems fun. I liked Baraka in 2, but in this one he seems to suck. Cyrax looks fun.

I just kan't seem to get pass each karacter's obligatory 3 hit kombos. I've only played for a day thougth

Back to top Go down
macross08

macross08

PSN : macross08

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:14 pm

This game is too much fun!!! Kan't wait to play all you guys, even though I'm no good at this game.....yet lol.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:51 am

Same, I kan't seem to get past the standard normal kombos. I have Sub-Zero as my main with Liu Kang as a sub. Gotta learn Kano, I really like him.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:48 am

You guys gotta open your minds and get kreative! afro I kan get about 7-14 hit kombos on with Jade and Kitana. Use any launcher kombo that kreates a juggle, then jab, dash, jab into kombo.

Mince, kheck out Tom Brady's Sub-Zero, his is probably is one of the best ones out right now. Also, Alex Valle's Liu Kang is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
macross08

macross08

PSN : macross08

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Anybody finish the tower? It's 300 levels!!!
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:13 pm

I finished most of it. I skipped a few of them cuz to get the costume Razz But I plan on finishing it eventually.
Back to top Go down
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

PSN : majikbus45

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 12:51 pm

I didn't even notice this section. I have owned and played MK since launch. I really like it cuz they went back to the older way of this game. 2D. Now, I didn't mind the 3D games either, but that's cuz I was used to playing Soul Calibur at that point. I think the game looks lovely, has more options than say SSF4, but the online sucks goat testicles.

However, with that said, I'll play this game for a long time. Plus, with how much I love the SF4 series, the wife loves the MK series about the same. It gives me someone to play with, and I'm kinda enjoying that.

BTW, if you guys wanna play, I will warn you I am beast mode at MK. MUCH better than I am at SSF4. I have always mained Scorpion since MK1. I sub Jax, Cyber SubZero, and Baraka.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mortal Kombat!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat!!!!!   Mortal Kombat!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next