Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PABBS78046

PABBS78046

PSN : PABBS78046

Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas Empty
PostSubject: Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas   Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:54 pm

My thoughts on Southern Impact.

It was a really awesome tournament and it was nice getting to meet Gootecks and Mike Ross. I only signed up for SSF4 cause im crap at MvC3. In my first match I went up against Jan Del Rio, the best Gief in Texas. Our match proceeded like it usually does with my Rose beating his Gief without much of a problem. He caught me completely off guard by switching to Seth and I got sent to Loser's bracket during my first match. The competition was tough, all of my friends from Laredo had been sent to loser's bracket so early so we were bound to fight each other as the tournament went on. I proceeded to win my next 7 matches taking out DMG BurnyourBra, Demarcus ( best Viper in Texas), Fubarduck(owner of Arcade UFO and really great Ibuki player) Jesse(local Fuerte player) and Broly who is a disabled person that plays a really good chun, and 2 ppl who's names i did not know. After narrowly avoiding elimination several times I got eliminated from the tournament when I went up against Jewelman's Honda. What Gootecks said afterwards made my day lol. He said that if Jewelman beat my Rose then he had no chance fighting him with her so he went with Balrog.
I felt really good with my performance during this tournament. It was the biggest tournament I had ever been too. It kinda sucked that I got sent to loser's bracket during my first match but I blame that on not having enough matchup experience. It was fun trying to fight my way back to the top and I was one match away from playing Gootecks. 100+ ppl ended up joining the SSF4 tournament and most of Texas's heavy hitters came.

Tournament Results
1st. Mike Ross
2nd. Jewelman
3rd. Fro (best bison from the Valley, the most southern part of Texas)
4th. Gootecks
5th. IMT-PABBS me lol

After the tourney the Laredo Crew went to Taco Palenque with Gootecks and Mike Ross and I had a chance to talk talk to them for a while during the tourney and at Taco Palenque.. Gootecks promised me some mirror matches next time he came down here.

Here is a video of the Grand Finals between Jewelman and Mike Ross incase anyone wants too see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjljlkQaHh4

and here is a video of Gootecks interviewing Broly. Broly despite being handicap is really good. I beat him 2-1 and I was forced to play really lame to stand a chance against his Chun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nSodg-HTU&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
Fistvsface

PSN : Fistvsface

PostSubject: Re: Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas   Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:15 pm

I just saw the Broly video. I'll watch the other ones that you linked to when I get a chance. Congrats on making top 5!
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PSN : feiinweltall

PostSubject: Re: Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas   Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:01 am

Good job dude! Do you know if any of the SA crew were there?
Back to top Go down
PABBS78046

PABBS78046

PSN : PABBS78046

PostSubject: Re: Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas   Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Only a couple from SA came. Most players were suppose to come with their sponsor Chris from LSG and we were suppose to have a Laredo vs San Antonio 5 vs 5 but LSG House said that Chris got scared cause of the negative things that are said about laredo so he didnt come.
I think only around 4 from SA ended up coming.
Back to top Go down
Figgy

Figgy

PSN : Figgy346

PostSubject: Re: Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas   Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 2:36 pm

Way to go Pabbs! You need to get your butt to EVO so we can see you make top 5 there with me and Mince!
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas   Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:51 pm

This is so awesome Pabbs! Congrats to you! You're already prepared to go to bigger tourneys it sees and I'm being left behind haha Keep it up bud!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas   Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southern Impact @ Laredo,Texas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Gaming :: Super Street Fighter IV-
Jump to: