Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Yun Reference Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Yun Reference Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

Yun Reference Guide Empty
PostSubject: Yun Reference Guide   Yun Reference Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Starting Tips

- Build Meter with Palms safely vs. characters jumps/specials/etc. All of Yun's EX moves are great, and genei-jin is a given.
- Anti-air with LK Upkicks as much as possible.
- Learn to use divekicks properly. The goal is to try and range them so that they hit from the waist down.
- Stay solid on footsies and learning how to delay tech imo is crucial with Yun. People mash throw after divekick a lot, delay techs if done properly will result in 1 of 3 things: blocking uppercuts, teching throws, and scoring CHs if they tried to OS throw tech.

Setups and Mixups after Knockdowns

HK Upkicks
- nj. LK divekick safe jump (dive kick will whiff, delay tech after you land. I like to delay tech with c.mp+throw)
- j.LK divekick to crossup (combo with c.lp afterwards, everything else is too slow to combo unless opponent wakes up with a crouching attack)
- nj. MK divekick to not crossup or nj. LK divekick at the peak (can be reversal-ed)
- HP Palm for pressure/chip/punishment vs normal to short backdash characters/trades with 3f DP type moves (ie. Ken/Ryu's), loses to 5f DP moves though since later invincibility (ie. Sagat/Cammy's)
- LP Palm for a fake into Command Throw/c.mp vs people trying to jump away/c.lp OS LP Lunge punch for jump away and backdash/Normal Throw to be safer than using a Command Throw

Forward Throw
- HP Lunge then dash j.LK divekick or HP Lunge nj.HK divekick for crossup
- f+mk, slight pause, jump-in (safe jump).
- LP Lunge, j.LK divekick
- (Corner) 2 forward dashes, HP Palm/LP Palm
- (Corner) 2 forward dashes, j.LK divekick

Back Throw
- HP Lunge, safe and baits uppercut reversals. (Delay tech recommended if going for this)
- MP Lunge, leaves you right out of normal throw ranges.
- Forward dash HP Lunge for chip and safe on block, but not safe vs. reversals.

LP Lunge
- HP Palm > ~
- LP Palm > Dash EX Command Throw/nj.MK divekick or just nj. to bait reversal uppercuts

mp>hp>b+hp TC
- Dash f+hp against jump away/backdash (not safe from reversals and focus-able)
- HP Lunge for chip and safe on block only if they quickstand (not safe from reversals and loses to some backdashes)
- HP Palm for meter

LK Upkicks AA
- Dash into same oki as HK Upkicks

Staple Combos
Easy Hit Confirm that works vs. every character
- c.lp, cst.lp, st.mp xx HK Upkicks
- c.lp, cst.lp>lk>mp xx HK Upkicks_HP Lunge_EX Lunge

Strongest Hit Confirm Combos
- c.mp, c.mp, st.mp xx HK Upkicks
- c.lp, cst.lp, c.mp, st.mp xx HK Upkicks*

Safer Alt for Combo Above
- c.mp, c.mp, st.mp>hp>b+hp

OS Crouch Tech Combo Starter
- anything with c.mp+throw
- c.lk x3, st. lk xx LP Lunge_HK Upkicks
- c.lk, c.lk, st.lp, st.mp xx HK Upkicks
- c.lk, cst.lp, st.mp xx HK Upkicks
- c.lk, cst.lp, c.mp, st.mp xx HK Upkicks*

Canned Staples Combos
- c.lk, c.lp, st.lp, st.mp xx LP Lunge_HK Upkicks
- c.lp, c.lk, st.lp, st.mp xx LP Lunge_HK Upkicks

Combo Rule-of-Thumbs
- c.lp_c.lk only links into other crouching or st.lp_lk
- st.lp close/far version is the only way to link into crouching or st.mp along with c.mp itself.
- All mp or c.mk xx MP Lunge works.
- cst.lp>lk>mp has the most hit stun and links easily into HP Lunge_EX Lunge.
- All combos that cancels off st.mp link into LP Shoulder.
- c.mp also links into c.mk, but didn't list it since st.mp has more range.
- The ones listed above with a "*" the ender will whiff vs. certain characters, use lunge instead.

Combo Tips
- Plinking is part of the game, quit trying to be a hero and learn to plink.
- When doing c.mp, c.mp, st.mp xx, use this plink method c.mp~lp, c.mp~lp, st.mp~lk. If you mess up on the st.mp timing the st.lk will still link and it can still be canceled into HK Upkicks_LP Lunge.

Block Strings
- If you see that your combo doesn't hit, end the combo with LP Shoulder. Keep in mind that st.mp_c.mk xx LP Shoulder is NEVER a true block string. Can always get reversal-ed in between. You can use LP Palm Feint as well to keep the pressure going, though LP Palm has some recovery itself.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Yun Reference Guide   Yun Reference Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 6:30 pm

Character Specific Combos

Far st.lp Whiffs vs. Certain Crouching Opponents
- Chun-Li
- Blanka (cst.lp might as well, don't remember)

HK Upkicks Ender Whiffs After 4 Hit Links
- Ryu
- Ken
- El Fuerte
- Adon
- Sakura
- E.Ryu

cr.mp x3, st.mp xx MK Upkicks
- Abel
- Balrog
- Dee Jay
- Dhalsim
- Dudley
- El Fuerte
- Guile
- Juri
- Rufus
- Sagat
- T. Hawk

Level 3 Focus~dash, c.mp x3, st.mp xx HK Upkicks
- Balrog
- Juri
- Dudley
- Sagat
- Dee Jay
- Guile
- Rufus

Level 3 Focus~dash, c.mp x3, st.mp xx MK Upkicks
- T.Hawk
- Dhalsim
- Abel
- El Fuerte (Unreliable)

Level 3 Focus~dash, c.mp x3, c.mk xx MP Lunge
-Blanka

Command Throw Combos
Main Staple
- c.mp, st.mp xx HK Upkicks*

c.mp x2, st.mp xx HK or MK Upkicks
- Abel
- Balrog
- Dee Jay
- Dhalsim
- Dudley
- Guile
- Rufus
- T.Hawk

Meterless Ultra 1 After LK Upkicks (2nd hit ONLY)

U1 after command grab:

lk dp: sakura, ibuki, makoto

3/4 frame step forward, st.lp, lk dp: akuma, yun, yang

st.lp, lk dp: zangief, hakan

st.lp, lk, lk dp: chun, seth, boxer

cr.lk, lk dp: claw, rufus

cr.mp, st.mp, lk dp: viper, rose

cr.mp, cr.mk, lk dp: abel

cr.mp cr.mp st.mp: t. hawk

cr.mk, lk dp: sagat, juri, cammy

U1 after command grab (put yourself) in corner:

st.lp, lk dp: yun, yang, zangief

st.lp, st.lp, st.mp, lk dp: ibuki, Dudley

st.lp, st.lk, lk dp: makoto

cr.lp, lk dp: claw

cr.lk, lk dp: seth, rufus

cr.mp, lk dp: chun, sagat, guy, boxer

cr.mp, st.lk, lk dp: juri

cr.mp, st.mp, lk dp: viper, rose

cr.mp, cr.mk, lk dp: abel

cr.mp, cr.mp, st.mp: t. hawk

cr.mk: cammy

Genei-Jin Combos

Tips
- In the open you would want to use f+mk as much as possible to carry them into the corner. You can use LP or MP Lunge as well, but scaling seems to reduce much faster with Lunge. Try not to use HP Lunge to wall carry, since a lot of the times it'll side switch and the combo will go in the other direction, unless that's what you needed. Generally you can do 3 f+mk's, then LP or MP Lunge then a few more f+mk or palm (if close enough to the corner) and you'll be in the corner by then.
- Use whatever ender you need, but the goal is to take them to the corner.
- During genei-jin every normal is cancel-able into itself or anything else, also they are all dash cancel-able and jump-cancel-able.
- Generally Genei-Jin combos will start off from any combo that leads into st.mp_c.mk xx LP Shoulder or mp>hp>b+mp.
- Much like Makoto, when she cancels her recovery off her dash punch with Super she can link into her Ultra 1. Yun can do the same with LP shoulder xx genei-jin, Ultra 1 then follow through with the combo with f+mk or palm when in the corner.
- If you're Anti-Airing with LK Upkicks and if you got both hits in, and hit them at near the peak of their jump, you can just raw Genei-Jin then followup with st.mp~.

Mid/Full Screen Wall Carry Combos
- HK, LP Lunge, f+mk x3, st.mp or LP Lunge, f+mk x2, Palm... (Should be in the corner now)
One that I prefer using is HP xx MP Shoulder to start off my combos, just easier for me and looks cool, haha.
- HP xx MP Shoulder,f+mk~ and so on
- If you used his TC mp>hp>b+hp xx Genei-Jin in the open, use MP Lunge to followup the combo, HP Lunge goes under in most cases, unless you needed to switch sides of course.

Corner Combos

After LP Shoulder xx Genei-Jin
- HK, LP Lunge, palm, f+mk, palm, HP Lunge, palm, f+mk, palm, HP Lunge, cl.mk JC, MK Divekick
-

(Corner) Mixups After cst.mk JC, MK Divekick Ender
- If you use this ender while you still have meter you can reset the combo, obviously.
- HP Shoulder after the MK divekick will crossup and you can continue the combo in the other direction, or if you still have meter time to keep it going.
- Palm to not crossup after MK divekick ender.
- If you wanna be safer, use this ender at the end of your Genei-Jin. Then just walk behind or stay in front and Hit Confirm into a staple combo.
- Keep in mind if they're mashing uppercuts it'll autocorrect for them. Then you're option is to block.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Yun Reference Guide   Yun Reference Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Footsie Tools

st.lp
- Both close and far versions hit the majority of the cast even when they're crouching. It's great in combos and I like to use it just to annoy my opponents and get a reaction from them. I like to walk st.lp, walk st.lp just to pester opponents at times. Otherwise imo, st.lp is only really used in combos.

st.mp
- Probably his best footsie tool, imo. Since I can't find any frame data posted on AE Yun, I can say from as far as I know his st.mp starts-up in at least 5f or so and the great part about it is it has a large active frame window.
- St.mp can also kara into focus/throw, seems as if it's the only move that really inches him a tiny bit forward during it's animation. Also it's weird, but it seems as though if you cancel at that last few frames, it'll give him more of a step forward.
- st.mp>hp is a great tool vs players that like to focus a lot. st.mp>hp>b+hp is also very hit confirmable, with a Super this simple TC poke becomes even deadlier. Though keep in mind that when you hit st.mp>hp against an opponent's extended limb, the b+hp followup tends to whiff and you can be punished even if the first two hits connected.
- st.mp xx into almost anything works. St.mp xx if canceled on it's earlier frames and EX Lunge actually combos. St.mp xx LP Shoulder like st.mp>hp can blow up focus attacks, but keep in mind kinda like focusing Ryu's c.mk xx fireball, they can let it go before the 2nd hit hits, and get a CH crumple.

st.hp
- The close version has two hits and the first hit is cancel-able into special moves. Though IMO I wouldn't really recommend using close st.hp in combos, since c.mp, st.mp links are more dmg and pretty easy to link as it is, and st.mp is the same move close or far. Though close st.hp is not bad for an Anti-Air, LK Upkicks is still far more reliable.
- The far st.hp reminds me of Akuma's st.hp. Feels to be about 7f or so, I like to use it vs opponents that try to jump in from a distance. So it can definitely be used as an Anti-Air at that certain range, and it's not bad vs other divekick characters when they're whiffing divekicks in front of you trying to bait out LK Upkicks.

c.lp
- I'm pretty sure it's safe to say this move is 3f. It's also the easiest way to combo after a divekick, especially after a crossup LK divekick as well, so getting c.lp, st.lp, st.mp or c.lp, st.lp, c.mp, st.mp combos are pretty important, imo. Other than that it's pretty much for combos from what I've been using it for.

c.mp
- Similar to Ryu's c.mp, probably around 4~5f.
- Links into itself, and st.mp and c.mk.
- I like to use this move to hit confirm into his main max damage staple. Also I like to use c.mp as a tool for frame trap game.
- c.mp>c.hp is a TC but I really don't see the use for this TC.

c.hp
- Two hits, and pretty much starts off with a c.mp in the c.hp move itself. 2nd hit is actually not a bad Anti-Air for some odd reason. I also personally like using this vs Dhalsim right outside of his st.hp range, just to clip his limbs. Though c.mp does that job as well.

st.lk
- Kind of like Yun's own version of Vanilla Sagat's st.lk. It's cancel-able and also combos into LP Lunge, EX Shoulder, or HK Upkicks. Good range, really fast (4f), andddd it's +1 on block! Lately I've personally liked using this to pressure/annoy opponents up close, sort of like how Dhalsim's like b+lk when close to opponents.

st.mk
- The far version looks similar to Bison's (Dictator's) st.hk, though the hitbox on it is really not very reliable at all for Anti-Airs. Though the animation looks like it's kicking upwards, it has more of a horizontal hitbox than a vertical one. Though for Yang, Yang's feels like it has a bit more of a vertical hitbox, and Yang has st.hk for that purpose as well.
- The juice in this button is within the close version. I haven't thoroughly tested this, though from my experience it might blow up low attacks, since his front leg is lifted off the grounded (though again, I have not tested this and I'm not 100% on it). Cst.mk can also be jump canceled into any air-to-air attack, or into a divekick. Even when not jump canceled in can be comboed off lunge or any normal that reaches I believe.

st.hk
- Other than st.mp, this is my favorite footsie tool. Great range, large active frame window, good damage, and knocksdown. I like to use this move against characters like shoto's or characters that really rely on long range low attacks. It's sort of slow, but once his front leg is lifted up, it seems to eat up low attacks at a distance. One common setup I like to use it after is a blocked Palm in the corner immediately followed up by a st.hk, since palm pushing back a bit and if the opponent mashes a poke out, st.hk puts them in their place. Though this is not 100% versus any attack, it's still one of my favorite ones to use in footsie battles. Though keep in mind, if you use it like Boxer's use c.hk, and the opponent jumped, you're getting f-ed.

c.lk
- Very fast, probably 3~4f or so. Also I believe his c.lk also dips him down the lowest out of all of his crouching attacks, might be possible to duck under certain attacks using c.lk, though I haven't had the opportunity to really test it.
- Unlike Yang's where Yang has to actually link c.lk's into itself, Yun can easily rapid-fire it into itself.

c.mk
- Definitely not nearly as good as a shoto's, though definitely has it's uses. I personally like using it just outside of opponent's farthest poke range, and buffer a LP Shoulder or Lunge if I clip their extended limb out.
- Can't really use it like shoto's to go under certain moves.
- Also not as good as Yang's simply because of the fact that his safest followup option can still be interrupted, and if the c.mk was focused, the opponent can release it before the shoulder hits to crumple.

c.hk
- I pretty much never use or used this move, so I can't really say much about it.
- c.hk>hk is a TC, though I don't see much use for it, and I also believe the 2nd hit is quite punishable on block, though I haven't tested it myself.
- C.hk also doesn't have very good range at all.

Basic Overview = Use st.mp, it's good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yun Reference Guide   Yun Reference Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yun Reference Guide
Page 1 of 1