Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
EVO Vegas Blog I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

EVO Vegas Blog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

EVO Vegas Blog Empty
PostSubject: EVO Vegas Blog   EVO Vegas Blog I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:47 pm

It hasn't started yet but I notcied a few things from being here:

The convention center is HUGE!!!
Gootecks looks dirty but seems nice
Filippino Champ is a douche who needs to be punched in the face
Many, many Asians
Many, Many rotund players (me included)
People are genuinly friendly, offering tips or small talk
Seth Killian seems to have a superiority complex
No girl gamers that are noticable yet
General poll of asking players mains and tons of Yangs, Ryus, and Makotos, one guy said Dan and he was instantly cool in my books
I was laughed at a lot when I said Fuerte (though some friendly, respectful laughter)
You need nerves of steel to attend this event
Its hot out
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Figgy

Figgy

PSN : Figgy346

EVO Vegas Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVO Vegas Blog   EVO Vegas Blog I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Things I've noticed so far:
I'm still at home. WHY MUST MY FLIGHT BE TONIGHT INSTEAD OF NOW?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

EVO Vegas Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVO Vegas Blog   EVO Vegas Blog I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 3:39 pm

So I def want Poongko to win. If not then Wolfkrone
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

EVO Vegas Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVO Vegas Blog   EVO Vegas Blog I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:35 pm

How many viewers were on the stream for evo? Epecifically SF?
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

EVO Vegas Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVO Vegas Blog   EVO Vegas Blog I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Like 70k for SF but had over 1 Million total views!!!! Epic shit

MVC3 had 50-60, rest were about 20-30ish.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

EVO Vegas Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVO Vegas Blog   EVO Vegas Blog I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:01 pm

That is freakin' crazy! This needs to be made into a world event honestly. There could possibly be more viewers. Not to mention people are watching on several different streams so the numbers are probably higher combined!

Later when I get home, I want to see if I can find a youtube vid of me Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

EVO Vegas Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVO Vegas Blog   EVO Vegas Blog I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:53 pm

I found this Very Happy

Back to top Go down
umataro42

umataro42

PSN : umataro42

EVO Vegas Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVO Vegas Blog   EVO Vegas Blog I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:18 am

You did good Mince! And I'm sure you'll do better next time. What was your impression of Valle?
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

EVO Vegas Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVO Vegas Blog   EVO Vegas Blog I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Finally came back to write my blog and omg, I never want to see myself lose that bad again lol

For the pool matches, I felt I was at a disadvantage mainly cause of the characters I fought.

I fought an Adon who was great at poking and used his Jaguar Kicks at a great distance. I won 2-1. He used a lot of Jaguar Tooth in the first match but he realized that I punished him every time for it so he stopped using it. Sad The third match was tough cause I barely did the Hab Dash and he mainly poked so it was tough getting in. Luckily I was able to bait his Jaguar Knee a lot.

Then I fought a Honda. Thank you Figgy and King for playing great Honda's cause I was able to take down this Honda rather convincingly. I far HK his headbutt every time and owned him on wake up. I won 2-0

I fought a Gief who played very defensively so it sucked eating SPD's. Luckily, he kept thinking that Lariat can beat Fuerte's moves...lol it can't Very Happy I won 2-0

For some reason I don't remember my next matches.

Then I fought the Dudley on stream. If I was nervous playing before, it didn't match going up on stage and playing in front of everyone. I kept making stupid mistakes and my reactions were horrible. But luckily this kid didn't know the match up so I was able to own him (mainly with spamming Tortilla lol) 2-1

Then came Valle and as you can see, he crushed me. I definitely feel I played well against him but he was just SO GOOD that he demolished me. I'm surprised I took that first round. He has a strong footsie game and can punish everything on reaction. I wish I could fight him again. He was just phenomenal. 0-2

Then I fought the guy from Mexico and his Blanka. I honestly should have won this match. I kept making stupid mistakes cause the Blanka matchup sucks for Fuerte. I botched my Ultra to lose the first match and I should have just switched to Ibuki but I wanted to stick with the Luchador for some reason. 0-2

Basically everything else is as Proto said. The rest of the tournament was SO HYPE. So much better live than watching over the stream. Can't wait for next time when more of DSB is there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EVO Vegas Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVO Vegas Blog   EVO Vegas Blog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVO Vegas Blog
Page 1 of 1