Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Protocol's Highlights of EVO 2011 in Las Vegas I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Protocol's Highlights of EVO 2011 in Las Vegas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Protocol

Protocol

PSN : protocol2000

Protocol's Highlights of EVO 2011 in Las Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Protocol's Highlights of EVO 2011 in Las Vegas   Protocol's Highlights of EVO 2011 in Las Vegas I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 4:36 pm

OK guys, I've been pretty quiet while I was away, now it's time to give you guys some highlights of my trip. I didn't do so well (I went 0-2), but it was still a blast to be around Street Fighter nerds like myself and learn so much stuff that I didn't know. I went with Blanka b/c that's all Ive been training with. So, on to the highlights:

Tournament related:
- My first match was against a Zangief. We went round for round, almost each one ending with an inch of health left. I made plenty of mistakes by not punishing, and being to aggressive. luckily I had mince and Figgy to shout at me to calm and slow down lol. I did good on my anti-airs and pokes. Most of the time it was hard for him to get in. But I didn't punish enough. I think mainly due to my nervousness. He beat me 2-1

- Next match was against a very good Cammy. I don't think I won ANY rounds against this guy. Again, I barged in and wasn't blocking effectively, I tried many hops and cross-ups but he just about anti-aired every cross-up with S.Fierce, something I haven't seen before. he beat me 2-0

- All in all, I think my nervousness got the best of me, this being my second tournament, first serious one. I think I did pretty good considering that and me only playing seriously for about 6 months. And the main thing is I've been training with random peeps online and they don't give me good tournament practice, I have to practice for tournament play, b/c its easy to catch newbies online with Blanka's tricks. Now it's time to get to that training room and get better! I've learned so much about SF this weekend and I won't let it go to waste!

Non-tournament related:
- Got a picture with Ono (with his mini-Blanka) and Seth Kilian

- Sat with Ono for like 30 minutes while watching pool play on the big screen. he didn't get ANY of my jokes, and I kept accidentally calling him Oni every time I saw him

- Ran into 3 Kansas City players, good to see my town in effect!

- Bought about 5 Video Game related shirts (about $100 total)...(I know!)

- Got some lag-free casuals in with the fellas! (we also circle-jerked)...This is only a joke!

- Got to see Mince make it to the stream! and yell while he played on stage!

Vegas related:
- got a freakin' sore throat as soon as I got to the hotel!

- Smoked a cigar for the first time with Mince and Figs

- lost about 40 dollars of my money and about 40 of Mince's money on the first night lol

- Ate a $50 steak (so awesome)

- Got SRK'd by Mike Tyson (ok that didn't happen)

Can't wait for next year!!!
...I'll add pics soon!
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

Protocol's Highlights of EVO 2011 in Las Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protocol's Highlights of EVO 2011 in Las Vegas   Protocol's Highlights of EVO 2011 in Las Vegas I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:52 am

Love the fact you kept calling him Oni Razz

We needed to gamble more! I gotta teach you blackjack for next time around!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth

Protocol's Highlights of EVO 2011 in Las Vegas
Page 1 of 1