Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Wii Modification I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Wii Modification

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

PSN : majikbus45

Wii Modification Empty
PostSubject: Wii Modification   Wii Modification I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 4:48 pm

I figure it's time for me to put up a post somewhere as to how to do it. I have talked to Mince in the past about mine, and talked to smooth about it the other night. If you're interested in doing it my way, you will need the following parts:

Arrow 1TB external hard drive (I prefer the Seagate GoFlexDesk, it's inexpensive, and works best with the Wii's I've modded)
Exclamation a 2GB Sandisk brand SD card (must be this, cannot be different brand nor SDHC... Wii's like Sandisk SD)
Arrow a computer with an SD card reader
Arrow patience
Exclamation WinRAR or the unzip program of your choice

Exclamation Follow the guide a few posts below to get the files you'll need to download and how to do the basic modification: Exclamation

Install the Wii discs you have to the cfg loader

Exclamation Legally I can only tell you to download games you own.

Idea Download WBFS manager here (make sure you get the right one for your OS
http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/releases/view/26808

Idea To find Wii games Google HippyFreak

Idea After downloading the rar files from Hippyfreak (RIP), you'll need to unrar them to get the iso. Use WBFS manager to install the iso files to the external HDD, then erase the iso from your PC's HDD.

Enjoy, and if there's any questions, I'll be glad to help. I've modded over 25 wii's this way, and have done multiple adjustments/modifications to the code itself.

-Majik

Last edited by mrmajikbus45 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

Wii Modification Empty
PostSubject: Wii Modification Guide Chapter 1   Wii Modification I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:16 pm

This is courtesy of MauiFrog, with more plain English, and a more reliable set of links.
Evil or Very Mad Warning:
Evil or Very Mad NEVER EVER EVER UPDATE YOUR WII FROM NINTENDO!!!
Exclamation This Guide is written using the Super Smash Bros Brawl hack. Exclamation
Exclamation Download Winrar for your PC. It's free, and easy to find in a google search. This is REQUIRED! Exclamation
Exclamation Format your 1TB HDD. Just use your PC to do it.
Exclamation Install WBFS manager using the link above. In this program, mount your 1TB external. Click the format button. This is kinda crucial, as it will increase the space available for the Wii games. It will still be 1TB, but it will allow for scrubbed files. You will no longer be able to use this HDD for anything else. You also will not be able to see the files on it with anything but WBFS manager. Preventing you from getting spooked later.

Please download these 5 files, as they will be needed: Make sure they are 1.rar, 2.rar, and 3a.rar 3b.rar 3c.rar.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8ZF1K39
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4V510EWM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3N9HISUT
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X4YD0075
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=81E4XX2D

Chapter 1-Installing The HomeBrew Channel and Bootmii

Evil or Very Mad Read the guide atleast 3 times
Exclamation Have 350 free blocks of nand space
Exclamation Remove all GC controllers, GC memory cards, USB devices
Exclamation Don't lose power
Exclamation Format SD-CARD as FAT32
Exclamation Use a standard SD-Card, 2GB (SanDisk is good)

Extract 1.rar (you downloaded this) to your SD card. Remove from PC when extracted
Load SSBB , Do NOT INSERT SD CARD INTO WII YET, make a save file if asked
-Go to the stage builder, delete all custom stages found, exit the stage builder
-Exit all the way back to the main SSBB menu
-Insert SD-CARD into the Wii, Go back to the stage builder
-HackMii Installer loads

Part 2- Install The HomeBrew Channel and Bootmii
Read the Scam warning and press 1
It may take a minute or two for the "press 1" to appear- be patient
Install the HomeBrew Channel
Install Bootmii as Boot2(boot2 may not be available, IOS installs automatically)

Load HBC, press -HOME-, launch Bootmii
Make a nand backup
On the Wii CONSOLE ITSELF (get off ur butt) press Power, Power, Power, Reset, Reset
Exclamation Note: Power = Right, Eject = Left, Reset = Select
Once the backup is complete, exit bootmii to HBC
Exclamation I recommend you leave your Wii on and keep it on the homebrew channel as you eject your SD card from the Wii
Exclamation Backup your Bootmii files to your PC Exclamation
-Insert the SD card back into your PC, and copy these files to the PC (sd:\ referring to whatever drive letter it is)
sd:\bootmii
sd:\nand.bin
sd:\key.bin
Exclamation *DO NOT LOSE THESE FILES* Exclamation
If you want to load bootmii again at a later date, copy the bootmii folder back to sd:\
Idea Personally, I burn these files to a CD-R for safekeeping, and as a backup.

Congratulations, you now have the Homebrew Channel and bootmii installed. You have made your nand backup and are ready to move on to chapter 2. If you purchased a game to run these exploits, you may now sell them if you wish.

Last edited by mrmajikbus45 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

Wii Modification Empty
PostSubject: Wii Modification Guide Chapter 2   Wii Modification I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:17 pm

Chapter 2- Hacking your wii
Read this Chapter 3 times, or more.

Exclamation After finishing Chapter 1, Format the sd-card in FAT32!!! (not optional) Exclamation
Exclamation Make sure your Wii can get online via WiFi, this is VERY IMPORTANT!!!
(To check this, even with the SD card out, press the HOME button, exit to system menu. There click the Wii button in the lower left, go to settings, go to Page 3 and Internet connections. Setup your Wireless settings and do a test. DO NOT ALLOW IT TO UPDATE YOUR WII. CHOOSE NO!!! You have been warned! Also, in the previous menu, select WiiConnect24 and turn it OFF. Just do it.)
-Extract 2.rar onto your SD card, eject from PC when done.
-Place SD card in Wii, and make sure you're in the Homebrew Channel

Part 1- Wad Installs
NOTE: If a wad fails to install, try to install that wad again. If the wad still fails, press B to go back to the main menu, select reload ios, reload ios236, then try to install the wad that is giving you trouble again. DO NOT PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEP UNTIL ALL WADS INSTALL

Start HBC, press [HOME], Launch Bootmii
-Multi-Mod Manager Starts (via cboot2)
Exclamation Never Uninstall IOS, or SM you will brick your wii
Exclamation Never Uninstall IOS, or SM you will brick your wii
-Select "WAD Manager" - Press A
Press (1) to "Install all Wads" - Press A
All Wads should install without error. If any do, see the big ass note above.

After this go to IOS Manager.
-For the love of God, make sure that IOS58 is yellow.
If it is, press B

Go to Manage System Menu
-Take the system back to 4.1 (This is where your WiFi comes in)
-Make sure that all items download and install correctly. I believe it's 9 total, but it'll have a number like 1/x.
Press B when done

Go to App Manager
-Install Priiloader (This is brick protection)
-This will most likely freeze your Wii, get off your ass and hold the power button until it shuts off.

Leave Wii off until Chapter 3.

Last edited by mrmajikbus45 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

Wii Modification Empty
PostSubject: Wii Modification Guide Chapter 3   Wii Modification I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Chapter 3- The Final Step
Don't forget to do this
Format your sd-card, one last time(FAT32)

Extract 3a.rar, 3b.rar, and 3c.rar to your SD card. Remove from PC when complete, and insert SD card into Wii.
Exclamation Connect your 1TB external HDD to the Wii now. The USB port to plug it into is the one FARTHEST from the disc slot. Exclamation
-Launch Priiloader by turning on the Wii on the console itself and holding the reset button IMMEDIATELY after you press the power button.
There should be a new menu that pops up.
Go to Select "System Menu Hacks"- Press A
Enable these hacks
-Auto Press A at Health Screen
-Block Disc Updates (Must do)
-Block Online Updates (Must do)
-Remove NoCopy Save File Protection
-Region Free EVERYTHING
SAVE SETTINGS by pressing A
Now Press B
Go to Load/Install File
-select USBLoaderCFG.dol, press A
Press B if this doesn't take you back to the Priiloader menu.
Select Installed File, should take you to the USB Loader program.

You should not have any games in this yet, as you need to copy the ones that you have onto the HDD.
Insert the game that you wish to install, then press the plus button on the WiiMote. Congrats, easy as that.
Idea NOTE: if you download files from the site above, you will have to extract those files to create the ISO and use WBFS manager to copy these files to the HDD you're using for the Wii. This is to be done at your PC of course.
When finished installing all of your games, press the HOME button, takes you the system menu you know and love.

Select the Homebrew Channel. Select the SNES9x Channel installer. Run the program, follow instructions.
Back in Homebrew Channel, select the FCEU Channel installer. Same as before.
Delete these 2 installers (NOT THE CHANNELS THEMSELVES) after install.
Select WAD Manager
Just Press A until Select Source Device, make sure it says Wii SD Slot, press A, you're given a file directory.
Choose WAD
Choose GenplusGX
Let it install. Follow onscreen directions
Select Games.
Get the nice little Freebie I left for you. Install it.
Exit the WAD manager after installing these with the onscreen instructions.
In homebrew channel, press the HOME button. Select System Menu.

In the system menu, look at your new additions.
Select what you wish, and enjoy. You're now done until you add more titles to your library!
This whole process should take you between 1-3 hours. The more you do it, the less time it will take.

-Mr. Majik

Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

Wii Modification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Modification   Wii Modification I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:49 pm

This is freakin' awesome! Your instructions are so easy to follow!
I'll probably still need help with games and such at a later date lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

Wii Modification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Modification   Wii Modification I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:07 pm

NP Mince, enjoy it. Anyone else who wants to do it, and feel uneasy let me know.
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PSN : feiinweltall

Wii Modification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Modification   Wii Modification I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:55 am

You never told me how to get my button working on my shorted stick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wii Modification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Modification   Wii Modification I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wii Modification
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Descrubify :: Projects-
Jump to: