Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:39 pm

So as an unofficial review at the moment, it's the exact same as BLOPS, MW2, WoW, and MW1. Nothing has really changed...except maybe it's a "bit" better looking.

I laughed when I saw all those people lining up at the local GameStop.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
raij1n

raij1n

PSN : feiinweltall

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:44 pm

Modern Snorefare

It is the same game. Again... Just as I told everyone I knew it would be.

Shooters are really starting to bore the crap outta me.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 6:57 am

I definitely have to say though I like it much more than Battlefield. This is a little more entertaining.
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:12 am

Battlefield is for smart kids Wink
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:19 pm

I've been watching streams/videos of the game...I must say it doesn't look like its worth the $60 Neutral I might be better off getting MW2 lol.
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Battlefield Wink

The thinking man's shooter
Back to top Go down
DGWeasel

DGWeasel

PSN : DGWeasel

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:51 pm

I've played it, and here's my opinions. (Multiplayer only)

I'll start with coop spec ops, cause they did improve this, in a way. You get a seperate profile for your spec ops, in which you gain ranks to recieve more spec ops & survival missions, as well as new weapons, upgrades, and rewards. Spec ops missions themselves are roughly the same as they were in MW2, but survival was a fun alternative to zombies, and I spent most of my time playing that, lol.

Now, as for the online...

The way custom classes are set up is a huge improvement. Guns receive new perks and attachments the more you use them. Each class can also have their own killstreak setups, which is wonderful for changing tactics on the fly in match.

Now for the guns themselves. All the rifles feel almost the same, and net kills way to easy. With the exception of 1, all smgs have insane recoil and low damage output. Shotguns were made primary weapons as per BlOps fashion, but you can't kill with 1 or 2 or 3 point blank shots with most of them. No real big change in sniper rifles, except that they made quick scoping easier. Explosive weapons (Grenade launchers, rockets, claymores, grenades, etc) are also incredibly weak, rarely killing with direct impact. Melee lunge still exists, it's just really short, and with no comando, knifer kids are out of luck.

Ok, now for maps. Every map feels small and crowded. There are way to many buildings, and hiding places. This hurts people with destructive killstreaks alot, as a chopper doesn't do much when everyone is inside. While there aren't many good places for a player to 'post up', there are plenty of places for corner campers to abuse.

As for new game modes, I only played Kill Confirmed, and aside from all my other gripes with the online play, this mode was a joy to play.

All in all, I give it 5/10, and will be sticking with my MW2, lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/DGWeasel
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:12 pm

I finally completed the campaign for this game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. After coming from the horrible mess that Battlefield 3 was, this game just brought me out of the funk of knowing I wasted money not too long ago.

Gameplay: It's really tough (as I stated before) to rate FPS games because they have all nailed down the formula for this genre and this genre is cluttered with these games. So as it comes to standard FPS controls and gameplay, there is nothing wrong with it. MW3 just doesn't add anything new to the formula.
In the campaign, you switch between several of the main characters of the MW universe (Soap, Price, etc) and these characters help drive the story (though mainly Price, he's my favorite in the story). Right from the get go, massive firefights surround you and toppling buildings threaten to crush you. There is always a sense of dread when getting into these fights because the AI will try to flank you to help save Makarov. The story just has you enthralled and pushes you forward to finally finish this war and capture the enemy. It all ends in a most epic scene which I loved (won't spoil it).

Graphics: Not as beautiful as BF3, but still good. They stepped up a bit from MW2 though (I'm not comparing to Black Ops because Treyarch and Infinity Ward are two totally different developers and their games have different "feels" to them). Standard to games these days, people move convincingly, objects are sharp and believable, and the crashing buildings and epic fire fights are great.

Sounds: Same as all war type games, standard sounds for guns, people shouting in death throes, etc. The music adds to the urgency of the firefights and gets your blood pumping.

Replayability: Outside of the multiplayer, this game provides Spec Ops and Survival modes. Spec Ops is just like how it was from MW2. There was more time spent in these missions this time around but all in all, they are great to reach high into the Leaderboards and giving you a sense of accomplishment. Then there is Survival Mode. Another copy of Horde from Gears (bless that game) this is a take of surviving wave after wave of enemies while doing your best to fend them off. Around the map are locations where you can purchase new guns/ammo, explosive gear, and air support (calling in a team of soldiers to back you up is awesome!). I'm glad they didn't go towards zombies because that is an archetype that is becoming a little stale.

Multiplayer/Online: This is where the name of Call of Duty stands out. Everyone knows it for it's great multiplayer and this doesn't disappoint (to an extent). No changes have really been made to the game so it's good because it's already a good game, but it's also bad because gamers are always expecting new things when the latest version releases. In this case, a new game type of Kill Confirmed adds a good spice to Team Deathmatch. In order to count a kill to the score, a dog tag falls to the ground when someone dies and you need to pick it up in order to score the kill. You can even pick up your teammates dog tags to save that point. It's really interesting and I have died soooo many times trying to pick up those damn tags. Outside of this, nothing else has changed. The leveling up system, as DG mentioned, has been repositioned to the more you use a weapon, the better the attachments/unlockables you get for it.

On a side note, with Mountain Dew and Doritos supporting MW3 by running their promotion (enter the code on the cap/bag and receive double xp for a certain amount of time), it shows how much the developers want to bring in their audience.

Overall: 9.0
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:14 pm

I apologize if the review isn't great. Writing reviews for a clutter filled genre (in this case FPS games), is tedious and difficult.
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:49 pm

You're waaaaay to generous to this game.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:47 am

I can't score it lower because it's still the tried and true formula of COD. Even though there aren't any new innovations, it's still a good game (even though I don't like COD really lol).
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:48 pm

Sequels should score high when they innovate.

Its like eating your favorite food every day... it suddenly loses the appeal... and opinions of it reflect.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:30 am

I've been eating Entemanns Chocolate Fudge Cake every morning for the past 13 years of my life...I haven't grown tired of it yet lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Page 1 of 1