Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
media sharing with PS3 for on campus housing? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

media sharing with PS3 for on campus housing?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
arsenal23

arsenal23

PSN : NS_Arsenal_23

media sharing with PS3 for on campus housing? Empty
PostSubject: media sharing with PS3 for on campus housing?   media sharing with PS3 for on campus housing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:09 am

ok, lemme try to explain this best I can...I need some help and maybe yall have an idea of what Im trying to do.

so I live on campus here at the Uni. its an apartment with wifi only. To use the internet, you gotta download the campus's required anti-virus (TrendMicro, ugh). if not installed, you cant access the network at all.

so this means that my PS3 would have problems getting connected to the school network. However, my roomies are playing MW3 online for XBox Live (beauty of a game, despite me only trying to pick up Ultimate MvC 3 and Batman for now when I get paid soon). I asked, and they said something along the lines of media sharing...they had somebody do it for them tho.

They run an ethernet cable to their laptop, which then the cable connects to their 360. Then enable media sharing and somehow, someway it gives them access to the school internet and thus be able to run XBox Live. An acquaintance of mine that graduated was able to do this for the PS3 as well.

So I tried it, but I am not able to do it. Is there something I still need to do after enabling media sharing on my laptop? Perhaps any tech geeks here can help me out.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: media sharing with PS3 for on campus housing?   media sharing with PS3 for on campus housing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:45 am

You shouldn't have to do media sharing I believe. The school just needs your mac address and they'll be able to add your PS3 to the list of systems that the school will allow to access the interwebz.

Then again, that's how Hofstra worked and it was easy. I've never heard of something like this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

PSN : majikbus45

PostSubject: Re: media sharing with PS3 for on campus housing?   media sharing with PS3 for on campus housing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: media sharing with PS3 for on campus housing?   media sharing with PS3 for on campus housing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

media sharing with PS3 for on campus housing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Descrubify :: General Discussion-
Jump to: