Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
arsenal23

arsenal23

PSN : NS_Arsenal_23

Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?  Empty
PostSubject: Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?    Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Ok, seeing as Im expecting a decent check for working all these hours for winter break + refund $$$ (lolololol), Im seriously contemplating on a stick purchase after I buy books and use some of the cash to help out at home.

Thing is, Im still not completely committed to a 100% arcade stick conversion.

I don't mind spending $50-$70 on a entry grade stick just so I can grasp the concept of using one and hopefully in the end learn how to use one. The ultimate goal is to be able to use a stick with no issues, but Im actually intimidated by the learning curve and don't know if i'll be able to do it. Guess its a confidence issue with the sticks.

Because of this, I really dont want to spend +$150 on a stick that has a chance of just being stashed away in a couple of months. Trying to look online for the entry grade ones, but most are sold out (like the Mad Catz SF4, that white one). I really dont wanna dabble with EBay tho.

doing my research tho, if I have to spend the cash, these two sticks really entice me.

PS3 Hori UMVC3 Fightsting Stick - $149.99
Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?  PS3ver%20MvC

Qanba Q4RAF XB360 + PS3 PC Compatible Joystick - $149.95
Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?  37380_1298105401KFZF__57119_zoom

I also found this Hori PS3 Fighting Stick V3 for $59.99, but I really don't like having the L1 + L2 buttons on top instead of adjacent to the rest of the face buttons.

Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?  Stick%201

if all else fails, I was thinking of probably just sticking to pad. This Hori pad looks legit, and only $34.99

Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?  Product-image

anyone know anywhere where I can grab a good entry level stick? or if I have to dish out the cash, any other recommendations? or in the end, just stick with the pad if my commitment to a stick conversion isn't 100%?

Back to top Go down
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

PSN : majikbus45

PostSubject: Re: Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?    Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Figgy

Figgy

PSN : Figgy346

PostSubject: Re: Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?    Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Honestly, the learning curve isn't as bad as most people make it out to be. Just keep at it, and in a month or so (Maybe less if you catch on fast like I did) and you'll be fine. I'd personally go with a HRAP or a Madcatz TE stick, but that's because I like the weight of them. If you do end up going with a stick and decide to do some modding, just let Majik or I know, I'm sure one of us will be able to help you out.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?    Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:38 am

stick with the DS3 Razz
I was doing well with the stick when I was trying to learn but I gave up only cause I just didn't care too much lol
This is definitely not my department
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Shaady

Shaady

PSN : SpeeDPuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?    Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Personally, if you're gonna stay on pad, stick to DS3 or buy a DS2 if you plan on going to tournaments later on. For a stick, the Qanba is nice, but I don't recommend it because of the start button being so close, plus it's a sanwa start button. If you're gonna get any multi-console stick then I'd recommend the Eightarc fusion. It's from the same people but it's design is a lot better and it's around the same price. Other than that I guess a MadCatz TE stick will do you just fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?    Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice for next purchase: fighting pad or arcade stick?
Page 1 of 1