Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
When to Seismo? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

When to Seismo?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shinto

Shinto

PSN : Crimson_Thirst

When to Seismo? Empty
PostSubject: When to Seismo?   When to Seismo? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:29 pm

This is probably the biggest problem I have with Viper.
Am I supposed to use it as bait for AA? How effective is a meaty Seismo on untechable knockdowns?
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

When to Seismo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to Seismo?   When to Seismo? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm not a good Viper but I'll try:

It can be used as a bait for a AA but don't limit yourself to using it for just that. It works cause you'll recover just in time to TK them out of the air.

The point of the feint is to keep your opponent edgy. If you keep up the mixups well with the feints, you can catch them off guard for when you finally do throw out one. And even if it is blocked, you can throw out another one, meterless fadc, scj into BK or a normal, etc.

According to the pros, a meaty Seismo is much preferred over the BK wakeup trap. From full screen, it's almost a guaranteed block at least and that's awesome chip damage. From half a screen distance, it's riskier cause your opponent might still have an answer for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Shinto

Shinto

When to Seismo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to Seismo?   When to Seismo? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Mincereth wrote:
I'm not a good Viper but I'll try:

It can be used as a bait for a AA but don't limit yourself to using it for just that. It works cause you'll recover just in time to TK them out of the air.

The point of the feint is to keep your opponent edgy. If you keep up the mixups well with the feints, you can catch them off guard for when you finally do throw out one. And even if it is blocked, you can throw out another one, meterless fadc, scj into BK or a normal, etc.

According to the pros, a meaty Seismo is much preferred over the BK wakeup trap. From full screen, it's almost a guaranteed block at least and that's awesome chip damage. From half a screen distance, it's riskier cause your opponent might still have an answer for it.
Yeah, but even when I've AA'd their butts from feinting seismos they still jump. No
And when I played hehwat he told me of the forward throw > ambigous j.HK, so that's the only setup I know. I try seismoing after a grab, but the opponent is usually able to jump... so I guess I gotta input seismo earlier?
Back to top Go down
squishybee

squishybee

PSN : GG4LYF

When to Seismo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to Seismo?   When to Seismo? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:06 pm

When I play Leon's Viper I see him using wake up EX seismo pretty often and its pretty good if you do it at the right time since she's kind of invincible when she's yellow >_>? I don't see him relying on the seismo for AA too much but he does do it sometimes and it catches me off guard (sometimes).

I think I see seismo used the most for when you're almost full screen apart from each other and he uses it to keep the pressure (if you do it consecutively).

Hope this was at least a bit of help? I don't know what a meaty seismo is Embarassed lol
Back to top Go down
Shinto

Shinto

When to Seismo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to Seismo?   When to Seismo? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:24 pm

squishybee wrote:
When I play Leon's Viper I see him using wake up EX seismo pretty often and its pretty good if you do it at the right time since she's kind of invincible when she's yellow >_>? I don't see him relying on the seismo for AA too much but he does do it sometimes and it catches me off guard (sometimes).

I think I see seismo used the most for when you're almost full screen apart from each other and he uses it to keep the pressure (if you do it consecutively).

Hope this was at least a bit of help? I don't know what a meaty seismo is Embarassed lol
EX seismo is pretty good, I know that already.
Using seismo for AA is news to me, I don't think I'd be very good at that. :/

A meaty anything is an attack done earlier on the opponent's wakeup so the active frames overlap the standing up frames. That limits the amount of options the opponent has; usually it's either block or reversal escape (EX SRK or something). Most Ryu's do a meaty fireball after landing an Ultra.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When to Seismo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to Seismo?   When to Seismo? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When to Seismo?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Gaming :: Super Street Fighter IV :: Character Specific Discussion :: C. Viper-
Jump to: