Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Time to practice... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Time to practice...

Go down 
+3
squishybee
Mincereth
Fistvsface
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Time to practice... Empty
PostSubject: Time to practice...   Time to practice... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:16 pm

How much time does everyone here practice on:
-Execution (Practicing all the special moves on each side)
-Fundamentals (Links, basic 2-4 hit combos)
-Other Fundamentals (Hit Confirm, Option Selects, Spacing)
-Match Ups (Learn how to play against other characters)

Last edited by KGershkoff on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fistvsface

PSN : Fistvsface

PostSubject: Re: Time to practice...   Time to practice... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:17 pm

I haven't really practice much since school started in September, but last summer I would spend about 15 mins on execution, 20-30mins on fundamentals and as much time as I could depending on who was online on PSN for matchups.

Since then, my execution's taken a huge hit. For chun, when I try to punish a fireball with ultra, I Ex-Hazanshu more often than not =/. Also, I can pretty much only combo Jumping Fierce > Ultra on Ryu >.>
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Time to practice...   Time to practice... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:15 am

Pad:
- Execution with special moves are basically ingrained in muscle memory and don't practice these on their own anymore
- With Fuerte, I'm always practicing his links (his jabs, RSF, RSF mixes such as mp>cr. mk and so on), can't give a time cause I'm always practicing them
- Other characters: I just go into training mode and randomly do combos to see what works and what not, mainly for the fun of it cause I don't really play most of the cast seriously
- Matchups is difficult, not everyone I play with regularly can play everyone perfectly but they do have good knowledge on them so essentially I do play against everyone (with Jimmy being the least), luckily I know who mains who in GFAQS so I can go to them for specific character matchups

Stick:
- I don't train on this as much as I should (being I like pad more) so basically for all those choices, very little lol
- I do want to start practicing more now though, I want to become beastly with stick
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
squishybee

squishybee

PSN : GG4LYF

PostSubject: Re: Time to practice...   Time to practice... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:17 am

Hmm now that I think about it, I don't think I ever really practice in training mode and usually I practice a bit of everything only by playing matches lolol. I guess that's why I'm lacking in a bit of every category. When I first started playing, it was like hardcore playing very often but now its like 1/2-1 hour on days that I play
Back to top Go down
Leon
Admin
Leon

PSN : GG4LYF

PostSubject: Re: Time to practice...   Time to practice... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:23 am

1) i rarely practice execution now but back then when i did i practiced for maybe 20-30 minutes (once or twice a day) in training mode just doing FFF-exseismo-sjcfadc-ultra. but now maybe once a week when i get bored i go into training mode to practice akuma's loop, elf's loop or gen's mk hands.

2) i usually practice links when i play local. maybe for 1 time i do 5 mins in training to just get a feeling for it then all practice will be in versus play after that

3) other fundamentals i learned all from playing local.

4) we have a few people we always play with local and we can all play different chars so we can learn the matchup like that.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.descrubify.com
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Time to practice...   Time to practice... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am

you guys need to stop studying so we can play you guys again!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Time to practice...   Time to practice... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:18 am

Leon wrote:
1) i rarely practice execution now but back then when i did i practiced for maybe 20-30 minutes (once or twice a day) in training mode just doing FFF-exseismo-sjcfadc-ultra. but now maybe once a week when i get bored i go into training mode to practice akuma's loop, elf's loop or gen's mk hands.

2) i usually practice links when i play local. maybe for 1 time i do 5 mins in training to just get a feeling for it then all practice will be in versus play after that

3) other fundamentals i learned all from playing local.

4) we have a few people we always play with local and we can all play different chars so we can learn the matchup like that.

Well, I've had to practice execution from right to left because when I have an Ultra setup, I wind up with an EX SRK. I was tired of it, so I worked on that. Still get EX SRKs, but at least I know 1 of my many weaknesses.

So, 30min on execution, 5-10 min on links, and the rest on locals. Well, the locals you have are about 931 miles away from me (No Joke!), so I really can't attend them. However, when Super comes out, I expect to play everyone online in Endless Mode a lot more.

Mincereth wrote:

you guys need to stop studying so we can play you guys again!

Yeah, I'll get right on that. lol!
Back to top Go down
Shinto

Shinto

PSN : Crimson_Thirst

PostSubject: Re: Time to practice...   Time to practice... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:42 am

^Oh come on now, Orlando's not THAT far. Very Happy

I don't time my training precisely, I just practice certain things until I feel more comfortable and move on to other things.
I find that I need to work on my footsies more however, which is kinda hard if you have to choose between Chun Li or crappy online lol.
Back to top Go down
DGWeasel

DGWeasel

PSN : DGWeasel

PostSubject: Re: Time to practice...   Time to practice... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 pm

I usedta spend about 2 hours a day cumulative practicing in the training room, now I only go in there to test out combos and such. I've always had pretty good execution though, s'been that way since the NES days, although I do get the occasional "WTF!" moments, lol

Most of my time is spent trying to learn matchups.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/DGWeasel
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

PostSubject: Re: Time to practice...   Time to practice... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:06 pm

For me all I do is go into Challenge mode, do a few combo and a couple of custom combos. It usually takes me about 5 minutes for Gen and for other characters (Gouken, Rose, Chun, etc.), then I'm ready to play. But all in all I'm the same as DG and Mince with the pad. Smile Maybe I should get more serious and start practicing a lot more tho. After seeing all the replies I feel I should step up my game geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to practice...   Time to practice... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to practice...
Page 1 of 1