Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Cammy General Summary I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Cammy General Summary

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

Cammy General Summary Empty
PostSubject: Cammy General Summary   Cammy General Summary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Normals

Cammy's normals aren't too special to take note of. They have fast startup and recover quickly. However, she has little to no range so footsies is a little difficult with her. She also has no overhead which hurts her.

Pokes

- MK
- HK
- cr. MK

Anti-Air

- Cannon Spike
- c. MP
- c. HK
- cr. HP
- Air Throw

Specials

- Cannon Spike, this is her SRK and is her AA move of choice. Each version deals the same amount of damage when hitting an opponent from the ground but when AA'ing an opponent, the stronger the kick input the more damage it deals. Each version has invincibility frames at the beginning of the animation with the EX version having even more. You can FADC a Cannon Spike to combo into another one or even FADC back into her Gyro Drive Smasher (doesn't fully connect however).

- Spiral Arrow, this is the move that you will end most combos with. Your opponent must block low in order to defend against this move (but most of the time your opponent will be turtling against you cause that's the general defense against a Cammy). The stronger the kick input the further she will go as well as more damage. The EX version goes through projectiles. If any version is blocked, she will be wide open to be punished (but LK version is safe from max distance).

- Quick Spin Knuckle, this is her Armor Breaking move (and one of the worst ones in the game). It goes through projectiles and some attacks but it still moves to slow to actually catch your opponent by surprise (it has been sped up from Vanilla but not by much). It actually leaves her at frame advantage if your opponent blocks this but it will be rare for this move to not be stuffed before it completes.

- Hooligan Combination: Razor's Edge Slicer/Fatal Leg Twister/Crossed Scissors, like the Quick Spin Knuckle, the Hooligan Combination is too predictable to be used successfully against a skilled player. If no button is pressed, the Razor's Edge Slicer comes out and hits low (resulting in an untechable knockdown), inputting a throw for Fatal Leg Twister will throw the opponent (doesn't hit crouching opponents), and Crossed Scissors will grab opponents in the air. The EX version homes in on the opponent, is much faster than the normal versions, and inflict more damage. The EX version is excellent against fireball spammers.

- Cannon Strike, this is one of her best moves and the primary source of her ability to rush down the opponent. The normal versions are all the same and must be used while jumping forward while the EX version can be used while jumping straight up or even jumping back. The attack is safe if the opponent blocks and starts up her mixup. (more on this move later for a strategy with it)

Super

The Spin Drive Smasher is an upgraded form of her Spiral Arrow (but it can be blocked by standing opponents unfortunately). It has start up invincibility so it is perfect to go throw attacks and especially fireballs. It has great range and is actually pretty damaging compared to most supers. Plus, it is easy to combo into (either canceling from just a normal or canceling from a Spiral Arrow...you won't get full damage if you cancel from a Cannon Spike). Most players don't use it since her FADC combos are highly needed (like Cannon Spike FADC Cannon Spike, etc.). It's mainly preference but it's better to save the stocks for her combos.

Ultra 1

Her Gyro Drive Smasher is her preferred Ultra Combo. Just like her Super, it has invincibility on the start up so it can go through attacks and projectiles. The invincibility frames don't last long though so make sure the fireball (if that's what you're trying to go through) isn't far ahead of Cammy when activating this Ultra cause she will get knocked out of it. Even slow fireballs (like Guile's Sonic Boom and Dhalsim's Yoga Fire) can knock her out of it even if it is timed right. A Cannon Spike FADC (backwards) into Ultra 1 is one of the main combos into this Ultra.

Ultra 2

The Cammy Quick Combination is actually a counter Ultra. Unlike others where it is a form of attack, it acts like a parry. Should your opponent hit her during the beginning of the animation, they will take a heavy beating. However, this isn't really a good Ultra. It doesn't work on fireballs or armor breaking moves which sucks. The main way to land it is from opponents who love to jump in (but when they see the start of the animation or expecting it, they can just empty jump and screw you over). Do not use.

Last edited by Mincereth on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:20 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Cammy General Summary   Cammy General Summary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Cammy is a very basic character. She doesn't have the same type of arsenal like many of the other fighters do. She doesn't have a target combo, she doesn't have an overhead attack, and her cross up (j. lk) is weak (though it is hard to see coming). She does have an Air Throw which is spectacular (comes out fast and has great reach). It's one of her preferred air-to-air attacks.

Anti-Air

Cammy is pretty good at AA'ing her opponents. Her Cannon Spike is obviously the preferred AA but she does have a few normals that help:

- cr. HP is good for those trying to jump in on Cammy. It has good range (but if the opponent has a high priority jump in attack it could stuff this)
- st. MP hits those directly above her. Most characters don't have this type of AA so it catches people off guard. She recovers fast so she can start up a quick mind game as well

Combos

These are only basic combos that are for practicality purposes (and of course a jump is preferred when it can be used as well as a close Cannon Strike):

- cr. MK or st. HP xx HK Spiral Arrow (easy punish - more damaging then comboing into Cannon Spike)
- cr. LK, cr. LP, cr. LK xx HK Spiral Arrow (bnb)
- st. MP, cr. MP xx HK Spiral Arrow
- cr. HP, cr. MK xx HK Spiral Arrow
- HP xx Cannon Spike FADC Cannon Spike
- HP xx Cannon Spike FADC (back) Ultra 1

Last edited by Mincereth on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Cammy General Summary   Cammy General Summary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Cannon Strike

This special is, without a doubt, Cammy's best move. It is what makes Cammy deadly and brings in her rush down assault which often overwhelms the opponent (especially when used when the opponent has been knocked down). The Cannon Spike can be used in combos, for mix ups, to alter her jump to confuse the opponent, to build meter...it is just so versatile! (It is one of my main reasons why she is one of my favorite characters).

Instant Air Cannon Strike

This move is where Cammy shines. To do the motion, it is qcb, uf + K (also known as the "Tiger Knee" motion). [Unfortunately this is being taken out of the AE edition but for now it is still applicable]. It is a good way for Cammy to build meter when far from the opponent. Since Cammy is considered airborne during this, she can't be thrown. This is good against players who are throw happy.

Neutral Positioning

When facing off against an opponent, you have to always be changing the timing of when to use the Cannon Strike. Make it predictable (like how it is with any other move) and you're opponent will know how to stop you. By changing the timing of the Cannon Strike, it is possible to trick your opponent into using an AA move and they will whiff, giving you an opening to dish out big damage. Depending on where it is executed in the air, however, changes the safety of the move. The closer it is executed to the ground, the safer it is.

Wake Up

(MORE TO COME)

Last edited by Mincereth on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Cammy General Summary   Cammy General Summary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:37 pm

(RESERVED)
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Cammy General Summary   Cammy General Summary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:39 pm

(RESERVED)
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

PostSubject: Re: Cammy General Summary   Cammy General Summary I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:41 pm

In addition to what Mince has posted I'll provide some visual help. These videos were made back in Vanilla but still applies to Cammy's game. It will cover what Mince said and more. Enjoy Razz (On a side note, try not to use the Instant Cannon Strike as it will be changed in AE, if you're going to use TKCS, use Ex)

Part 1

Last edited by smoothx on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Cammy General Summary   Cammy General Summary I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Part 2

Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Cammy General Summary   Cammy General Summary I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Part 3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cammy General Summary   Cammy General Summary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cammy General Summary
Page 1 of 1