Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Vega General Summary I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Vega General Summary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DGWeasel

DGWeasel

PSN : DGWeasel

Vega General Summary Empty
PostSubject: Vega General Summary   Vega General Summary I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:53 am

Normals:

-Cr.Mp, this is your best poke, offering good range and comboability.
-Cr.Mk, this is another good poke, with less range as the Cr.Mp, but just as comboable.
-Cr.Lk, a quick short poke, able to combo into a Scarlet Terror.
-S.Hk, this is your best AA, and a strong 2 hit poke.
-Cr.Lp, this is a great short range poke, able to combo off of it, and can use as a anti-crossup.
-S.Lp, another good short range poke, can also be used to stuff crossups.
-DF.Hk, a quick dash in kick that leaves your opponent in a juggle state, can use for combos & resets.
-DF.Mk, AVOID using this kick, this is Vega's feux overhead, not good for much other than the occasional suprise.

Specials:

Rolling Crystal Flash - This is the move you'll be using to create pressure. The Lp version can be combo'd off a Cr.Mp/Mk and is safe on block. The Lp version is really it's only usefull one, but is great for tacking on damage, or even bait & punish.

Scarlet Terror - This is Vega's AA special, but should only be used as such if you catch your opponent early in their jump. Can be combo'd off of Cr.Lp.

Sky High Claw - This is best used as Vega's crossup, hitting the wall at your opponent's back and comming in from behind. I good move to catch people waking up. Ex version has fireball invinciblity & is equally good for crossing up your opponent.

Wall Dive - This is Vega's Setup to his Flying Barcelona Attack, and his Izuna drop. Can be used to build meter by staying near the wall. Ex version adds 1 hit on the way to the wall, and can be combo'd off Cr.Mp/Mk.

Flying Barcelona Attack - This move is not worth the trouble of doing a majority of the time. It is easily avoided, absorbed, or countered. Semi useful as a crossup, but not to be abused.

Izuna Drop - Much more useful than FBA, but is still easily stopped, good for grabbing FA happy opponents. Still not to be abused.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/DGWeasel
DGWeasel

DGWeasel

PostSubject: Re: Vega General Summary   Vega General Summary I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:54 am

Resets:

DF.Hk: Can reset your opponent with Cr.Mp and sets you up for a Ex.Wall Dive.

Super & Ultra:

Super Flying Barcelona Attack(Forgot it's name, lol) - Fairly useless and hard to actually use.

Super Izuna Drop(Also forgot it's name, lol) - Almost worth saving meter for, getting the Izuna is stupidly easy, and does decent damage. Can be easily stuffed with a J.Mk.

Bloody High Claw - Vega's Ultra, only useful as a punish to fireballs, whiffed SRKs, and other ultras.

Basic Combos:

(J.Hk)Cr.Mp-RCF
(J.Hk)Cr.Mp-Ex.Wall Dive
Cr.Lk-Lk.Scarlet Terror-Ex.Scarlet Terror
(Low J.Hk)DF.Hk-Ex.Wall Dive

Advanced Combos:

-*I don't really use any kind of advanced combos, feel free to contribute!*

Last edited by DGWeasel on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DGWeasel

DGWeasel

PostSubject: Re: Vega General Summary   Vega General Summary I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:54 am

General Strategy:

Vega is the second weakest character in the game. His low strength, low stamina, and lack of comboability, make this painfuly apparent against better players. He takes more damage if his mask falls off, but deals slightly more damage. Losing his claw doesn't make a huge difference aside from the range of your attacks, and you will miss is if you drop it.

Vega is best used as a Long to Mid range character, keeping your distance is key, as Vega has a hard time backing his opponents off. His specials also suffer with long vulnerable start ups. You generaly want to try to keep your fight mid stage, to avoid being trapped in the corners.

While Vega lacks in many areas, his strong points lie within his poking. His Cr.Mp has great range, and can setup wall dives. His S.Hk isa very good AA, and nearely as good a poke as Bison's S.Hk. His Cr.Lp has good range and decent speed.

A majority of your time in match, you should be applying pressure with Vega's Cr.Mp-RCF combo, it does decent damage and pushes your opponent to a safe range. From his 'safe range' Vega can effectivly keep his opponents grounded with good use of Scarlet Terrors and S.Hk. He can also punish certain whiffed moves from this range with DF.Hk.

Last edited by DGWeasel on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DGWeasel

DGWeasel

*Super Update*

Vega's faux overhead has been fixed

Bloody High Claw has an added launching hit on the way to the wall

Inclusion on a 2nd ultra, better for bait and punish than BHC because of it's simpler input

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vega General Summary   Vega General Summary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vega General Summary
Page 1 of 1