Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Arcade Stick Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Arcade Stick Questions

Go down 
+2
squishybee
Mincereth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

Arcade Stick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Arcade Stick Questions   Arcade Stick Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:06 am

Even though I've had it for a month now (been barely practicing with it Neutral ) I need a few pointers cause I do really want to get better with it:

1) how do you guys hold the stick? I saw some videos and pictures and whatnot and apparently I follow the "wineglass", the stick is btw my middle finger and ring finger, is that optimal?

2) how do you do EX moves? do you hit two buttons or do you just use the PPP or KKK that's already preset?

3) same with Ultras, do you hit all three buttons or that preset button?

4) what's your opinion on hitting either throw or FADC? is it quicker to just use one finger across both buttons or do you use two fingers?

5) I guess this could have been higher on the list but what fingers do you mainly use? do you use all your fingers? do you ever use your pinky or thumb? or you move your hand around so you can just use your index finger?

6) do you use shortcuts? so far the shortcuts have been killing me it seems

that's it for now, thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
squishybee

squishybee

PSN : GG4LYF

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick Questions   Arcade Stick Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:42 am

1) I also use the wineglass but I'm not too used to it myself because its hard for me to do ultra facing the right side. T_T Oh, and I have the side of my hand on the surface of the fightstick so my hand isn't floating.

2) I do EX moves by pressing 2 buttons, and i think you should too because if you ever play SF4 in an arcade, they won't have the preset buttons at the end.

3) Same with the EX, I press all 3 buttons at once.

4) Using 2 fingers to do the throws and FADC is definitely sounds easier to me, but I haven't tried using 1 finger lol. I use my thumb and index finger to do both.

5) I think the only finger I don't use is the pinky.

6) When I use Ken I don't think I use shortcuts but I think they're supposed to be really useful.
Back to top Go down
Leon
Admin
Leon

PSN : GG4LYF

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick Questions   Arcade Stick Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:52 am

1) i use the wineglass with my hand tilted about 60 degrees clockwise

2) i press 2 buttons for EX moves. using preset 3P and 3K are not recommended

3) press all 3 bunches for the ultra. dont use preset!

4) for throwing i use my thumb and index finger. for FADCing i use middle finger and thumb

5) I use all my fingers except the pinky.

6) for dhalsim i use shortcuts for the b.mk - light yogaflame. (b.mk -> df -> b.lp)
Back to top Go down
http://forum.descrubify.com
Shinto

Shinto

PSN : Crimson_Thirst

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick Questions   Arcade Stick Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Basically what Leon and squishy said.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick Questions   Arcade Stick Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:21 pm

thanks for the input guys, I'll work on not using the preset buttons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick Questions   Arcade Stick Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Mincereth wrote:
Even though I've had it for a month now (been barely practicing with it Neutral ) I need a few pointers cause I do really want to get better with it:

1) how do you guys hold the stick? I saw some videos and pictures and whatnot and apparently I follow the "wineglass", the stick is btw my middle finger and ring finger, is that optimal?

Whatever suits you. I should be using that method too really. Embarassed

Mincereth wrote:
2) how do you do EX moves? do you hit two buttons or do you just use the PPP or KKK that's already preset?

Two buttons.

Mincereth wrote:
3) same with Ultras, do you hit all three buttons or that preset button?

Three Buttons. If my game is really off, I use the extra buttons for throws and Focus Attacks. Embarassed

Mincereth wrote:
4) what's your opinion on hitting either throw or FADC? is it quicker to just use one finger across both buttons or do you use two fingers?

Spur of the moment. For me it's kind of hard to do one finger across, but it helps to know it I guess.

Mincereth wrote:
5) I guess this could have been higher on the list but what fingers do you mainly use? do you use all your fingers? do you ever use your pinky or thumb? or you move your hand around so you can just use your index finger?

Jab and Short: Index
Strong and Forward: Middle
Fierce and Roundhouse: Ring
The other 2 are there for hand balance (sorry, WTF moment there, but it's the truth)

Mincereth wrote:
6) do you use shortcuts? so far the shortcuts have been killing me it seems

The only shortcut I've ever really tried to use is one for Zangief's SPD (F,DF,D,U+P or K) Otherwise, I don't even think about it. They put those shortcuts there to help get inexperienced players an advantage. So, it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Clockmonsta

Clockmonsta

PSN : clockmonsta

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick Questions   Arcade Stick Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:26 pm

1) I hold the stick between my ring finger and pinky. I like to keep my wrist close to perpendicular to the edge of the stick. When doing so, I feel that I can perform my motions more accurately. The hold is all preference. If you are comfortable holding it a certain way, use it and practice using it.

2) 2 buttons.

3) 3 buttons.

4) Index + Thumb for throw. Middle + Thumb for FA. Always.

5) I use all fingers except pinky. Index, Middle, and Ring finger for punches. For lk, I use my thumb, but at times I use my index. Same for mk, but with middle finger instead of index.

6) The only time I can ever recall using shortcuts is when doing Sagat's bnb cr. lk x2 ~ cr. lp xx TU. It's annoying to do the srk motion from a db stick position. Also, I guess this counts as a shortcut kinda, when doing qcf x2 type ultra motions, I sometimes do d, df, d, df, f. I skip one of the forward motions to make it a little easier, especially when doing ultras on the 1p side. As long as you end in the forward motion, the game gives you the ultra.
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PSN : feiinweltall

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick Questions   Arcade Stick Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:49 am

1)Optimal is your comfort and precision. For circle characters I use the grip of doom. For anyone else, well, I have two fingers on the end of the ball away from me and my thumb close to me. Its what I defaulted, but I fool around with other grips to see if there's something I like. Check this video out. Don't use 'the douchebag' hold :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsME37GrqjY

2) Two buttons. Just like in 3s

3) Three buttons... just like in... uh, whatever.

4) I've never tried to just lay a finger across the two buttons. Never occurred to me to try. Usually use my first two fingers.

5) My hand moves around, but default positioning is...

Thumb lk
Index lp
Bird mp
Ring hp

6) Only shortcut I've even fonud remotely useful is on Fei Long's rekkas. Instead of resetting to neutral to go to begin the qcf, i go to df, and flick it back to f until the rekkas are complete.

All other shortcuts mess my shit up hard.

You prolly know this, but to make sure your special's going to come out, don't let the stick go back to neutral until the move has started its animation.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick Questions   Arcade Stick Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:57 am

haha the douchebag hold, monkey grip was weird...No Homo is interesting actually, might try that out, thanks for the vid and answers guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick Questions   Arcade Stick Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arcade Stick Questions
Page 1 of 1