Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Fuerte Changes for AE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Fuerte Changes for AE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

Fuerte Changes for AE Empty
PostSubject: Fuerte Changes for AE   Fuerte Changes for AE I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:07 am

I'm just posting some thoughts on Fuerte that are being shown while people are playing AE...these are notes I found while skimming SRK and watching matches. I'll start with the information they originally released when they first leaked out the changes:

NERFS

All nerfs are for his special moves.

Guacamole Leg Throw: They killed it as an escape move (his one of two escape moves...which both were only meager at best). It recovers much slower, making it easier to punish. Even then, it can be option selected by many moves so it can be beat (even though it has invincibility frames on the way up). Start up seems slower as well. Looks like I won't be getting away from pressure anymore.

Tortilla: It needed it's invincibility to even come close to competing with the rest of the cast. First they cut the damage and now this, there is almost no way for Fuerte to truly cause damage. And it's just that much more dangerous for Fuerte to commit to anything. It looks like any AA can stuff it now.

Ultra 2: The nerf it got was probably the worst. Yes it didn't have the range but apparently it's fast startup and high damage was more than enough to nerf it. C'mon, Zangief and T. Hawk have instant throw Ultras that do high damage, why ruin Fuerte who is already hurting as it is?

BUFFS

Most of his buffs are for his normals. The only change to his special moves that got buffed was his Hab Dash Stop.

Hab Dash Instant Stop: While in Vanilla and Super his stop had a 3 frame recovery (which was already awesome), it now has a 1 frame stop, making it that much more deadly. Because of this, it is now easier to link some normals and his RSF became that much easier (which is his only damaging combo). Before, I can link 3 cr. MK in a row with no problem (the 4th hit was situational). I'm curious if I can link more hits now or do some other tricks with it.

Hab Dash Slide: The active frames are faster and the recovery is faster and if hit from max distance, it causes some frame advantage. This was much needed cause this move was very dangerous to use for Fuerte.

Hab Dash Tostada: This is just a rumor from the player so I don't know. Supposedly Fuerte doesn't roll as far from his opponent but he stands up faster. Can't wait to test this out.

cr. LP: These can be chained so it's easier to put pressure on opponents (though his cr. LK still seems superior for blockstrings). Apparently it has good priority. From what I've seen in the vids, doesn't seem easy.

f. HK: I use his drop kick as a far range poke. But it was so slow that people could block it easily when they saw it coming. It is now faster to it seems it might be easier to catch people with this.

f. HP: This was also majorly slow (probably the slowest Fierce in the game). It is now much faster and supposedly it can combo with a mis-timed RSF loop.

MP: Besides cr. MK, this was Fuerte's best poke. It was fast, had a good hit box, and could cancel from both close and far. Supposedly it is now even faster and and stuff more moves now.

F+MK aka Shower Kick: This is Fuerte's overhead and it was very quick and could link jabs and shorts after hit. It now has a better hitbox and causes more hitstun, which makes linking his jabs or shorts after it easier. It unfortunately is still considered grounded so it can be thrown out of on the start up frames.

Last edited by Mincereth on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

Fuerte Changes for AE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuerte Changes for AE   Fuerte Changes for AE I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:08 am

DMG Rico Suave (AB) vs Spore (FU)
Didn't show much except for the instant stops.

? (start at 25:00)
I noticed many, many things with this Fuerte (thank goodness). The instant stops are truly instant. His cr. HK is much faster and recovers much faster. His f. HK is faster and is now a great poke. EX Hab Dash Tortilla is considered grounded if hit. His roll after Tostada is smaller (though the faster recovery isn't noticeable). Ex Guac is ass (seems to grab opponents close now instead of completely whiffing). J. HP seems to have better priority. Can escape his U2 easily. (Makoto is buff)

Manny (FU) vs ? (CH)
Ex Guac sucks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth

Fuerte Changes for AE
Page 1 of 1