Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Ryu/Ken Matchup I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Ryu/Ken Matchup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DGWeasel

DGWeasel

PSN : DGWeasel

Ryu/Ken Matchup Empty
PostSubject: Ryu/Ken Matchup   Ryu/Ken Matchup I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Hadouken
-Can Ex.Sky High Claw thru fireballs for a hit if done early in fireball
-Can Ultra thru it with more relaxed timing that Sky High Claw, but moer difficult input.
-Can 3K backflip at range

Shoryuken
-Can Lk.Scarlet Terror - Ex.Scarlet Terror after block
-Can DF.Hk - Ex.Izuna after block
-Can bait waking SRK for Ultra
-Can 3K Backflip SRK on reaction

Tatsu
-Can Cr.Mp to keep them at a range
-Can Lk.Scarlet Terror - Ex.Scarlet Terror(Don't use for light tatsu or ex.tatsu)
-Can Ultra full tatsus from halfscreen & back

Crossups
-Many crossup attempts can be stuffed with either standing or crouch lp
-Do NOT attempt to Scarlet Terror crossups, you'll lose out on an early hit, or whiff completely

Last edited by DGWeasel on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/DGWeasel
DGWeasel

DGWeasel

PSN : DGWeasel

Ryu/Ken Matchup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu/Ken Matchup   Ryu/Ken Matchup I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:29 pm

General Strategy:

Ryu & Ken are similiar enough that you can fight them both almost exactly the same. All Vega's love to have some breathing room, so keeping atleast halfscreen is a good plan in most instances, keeping in your poking range, and forcing your opponent to come to you. Avoid being cornered, it's Vega's greatest weakness, if you can, make good use of his wall jumps to try and keep the fight center stage. Baiting SRKs is a win strategy for Vega here, any whiffed or blocked SRK can give you up to maybe 30% of your opponents health bar. Do not attempt many Izunas without leading in with a combo, Ryu/Ken have many tools to deal with these.

Ryu:
Alot of Ryus will try to fireball you at long ranges, use these moments to build up you ultra gauge, absorbing & jumping when need be. If they attempt fireballs while you have your back to a wall, you can wall jump - J.Hk - Cr.Mp - Ex.Izuna for easy damage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/DGWeasel

Ryu/Ken Matchup
Page 1 of 1