Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Official Constructive Criticism Thread

Go down 
+12
Shaady
Protocol
raij1n
Teez
PABBS78046
Shinto
DGWeasel
Smooth
Leon
squishybee
Clockmonsta
Mincereth
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Can I get some CC please? Any character I've played will do lol. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:47 pm

Burnin, if we're both on tomorrow, lets get in some matches (I'll help you with what character you want a CC the most on and then you can help me with my Fuerte)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Ok Pabbs, here it is for Ken (this will be tough for me)

The Good Stuff

1. Good punishes
2. Good wake up pressure (mixing in lows and overheads)
3. Excellent reaction to SRK incoming Spiral Arrows
4. Great use of his f. MK

most of this stuff you've heard me say before

Things to Work On

1. Why didn't you use his kara throw? you did it like only once or twice
2. Is there a reason you don't AA with SRK? I know you have the reactions for it
3. Don't be afraid to take risks to use stronger normals in your combos, your always sticking with jabs or shorts
4. You seem to be at a loss when at a distance
5. Mix up your jump ins, don't always go for the cross up, try to make it appear like your gonna cross up but don't

that was one of the hardest CC's I had to make lol
Back to top Go down
PABBS78046

PABBS78046

PSN : PABBS78046

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Mince's Elf dum dum duuuummmmm.

The good things

1. Very good with the mixups. You also got me alot with his two jabs into a crossup tostada i believe.

2.excellent use of his Tortilla. There were perfectly spaced that my srk spamming didnt work. Great job on setting up those safe tortillas as well.

3. Excellent use of his horrible normals, especially his far fierce kick. You baited me plenty with that thinking you're vulnerable and then you would punish with tortilla.

4. excellent use of the few RSF that you did manage to hit.

5.Great defense and overall great patience something which i horribly lack.

6. Awesome at baiting and annoying me to death. Thank god my lil bro was nowhere to be seen or else he would have been smacked lol

Last edited by PABBS78046 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PABBS78046

PABBS78046

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:41 pm

The bad stuff.

1.Although i didnt take advantage of it. You were heavily dependant on Option select tech. Stick out your lk and it can get punished by a srk if its baited.

Ummm dammit i knew i had more but i forgot.

2.OH yea why didnt you ultra my jumpins? I jumped in plenty hoping for you to AA ultra me but you didnt. I also threw one too many fireballs at a time hoping you'ed ultra me but i never saw the ultra. You only used Ultra once during our matches. Why dont you use it more often?

Thats all i can remember unfortunately. I'll make sure to take notes next time we play. I will record every single liltte mistake
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:42 pm

bah, write more! lol thanks, I need to work on my Ultra reactions, that's the hardest thing for me
Back to top Go down
PABBS78046

PABBS78046

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Things to Work On

1. Why didn't you use his kara throw? you did it like only once or twice
2. Is there a reason you don't AA with SRK? I know you have the reactions for it
3. Don't be afraid to take risks to use stronger normals in your combos, your always sticking with jabs or shorts
4. You seem to be at a loss when at a distance
5. Mix up your jump ins, don't always go for the cross up, try to make it appear like your gonna cross up but don't

1.Like i said after my matches im trying to change the way i play ken but im so used to playing Ken the way i play him that its gonna be hard getting out of that habit. I'll make sure to Kara throw more next time. I completely forgot i even had it.

2.I didnt AA with srk because you didnt do much jumping to begin with. The times you did jump you spaced your crossup well that my SRK missed.

3.Yea i'll work on it.

4. Yep Yep. No patience whatsoever. Keep me at a dancing outside of your face. not much i can do.

5. I'll work on it. I wanted to mix it up but I was too lazy lol.
Back to top Go down
PABBS78046

PABBS78046

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Mince one more thing. You may have noticed i love doing c.mk Hadouken. That is very punishable by ulta. If you know im going to throw a hadouken after c.mk your Rose, Fuerte, and Cammy can ultra through the fireball.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:54 pm

depending on the distance, if it's close, automatic block gets turned on when blocking the cr. mk, if the tip of your reach then yes (though my reactions suck so I can't do it lol) I'll work on that

I did see you try that same thing on my Ryu, you would focus through the fireball after a cr. mk but missed the timing on one or two of them (your a lot better at it than I am, every time I try that I eat plasma lol)

and yes, ever since I fought Emblem, I became extremely dependent on OS Tech which I need to work on (I still don't know all the intricacies of it yet and it's something I need to work to perfect)
Back to top Go down
Shinto

Shinto

PSN : Crimson_Thirst

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:00 pm

It's ok Mince, I over-use OS Tech too. Sad
Back to top Go down
Teez

Teez

PSN : imnotthatrude

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

to the guys that I play , can you give me some tips on what I do wrong and how to improve. Something i've noticed is that against people with good defence, I tend to get overly aggressive and it leads to me making a lot of mistakes
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:36 pm

it's difficult judging for the new characters, but we'll do our best
Back to top Go down
Shinto

Shinto

PSN : Crimson_Thirst

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:14 pm

GGs to all... I played the worst out of all so I definitely need all criticism I can get.
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PSN : feiinweltall

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:08 pm

What're my weaknesses?

least as far as my new dude's concerned. I know what my Fei shortcomings are
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Ok, Burnin, when I get the chance, I'll write you a CC...as for anyone else, let me know, I may not be the best person for giving advice but I'll certainly do my best. Just ask and I'll save our matches, watch them thoroughly, and provide tips and what not to the best of my ability.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:15 pm

Remember, I'm def no expert, but this is what I noticed for your Juri against my Ibuki:

- Good zoning with her different angled FB's
- Good use of storing her FB's to use in combos
- Excellent work on using her U1 combos (and activating it at perfect moments so as not to be attacked during the beginning)
- You have great confirmation reactions to link into her pinwheel for massive damage
- You have the timing down for an EX Shikusen to U2 down now
- Good job of using the color pink to distract me, I love that color Embarassed

- Careful when focusing against Ibuki, a lot of her moves are either Armor Break moves or multi-hit moves (feel free to focus the Kunai of course, just beware of the EX version)
- You need to punish her blocked Neckbreakers, you rarely did
- Learn to defend against the Kunai Vortex (this will help immensely)
- Use more block strings to pressure your opponent instead of giving them room to recover
- Try building meter by using only the kick version of her Fuhajin from afar
- Use her Kasatushi more often, it's a great defense

For both of us:

- I noticed we jump WAY too much
- Our footsies aren't good

Sorry if this CC sucks, if you want, I can get more technical next time by having more matches (I'll try anyway) tell me if this was a bit helpful haha
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Thanks Mince! It was helpful. I didn't pick that color to distract you tho. lol My characters all wear the color white. Except now with new costumes I will be using different colors Very Happy ...Anyway to the CC

With your Ibuki

Pros:
-Great pressure with the kunai vortex. It's hard to tell where you're gonna land half the time.

-Good use of her J. Lk to beat my jump ins and cross ups. As well as her air throws.

- Good use of mixups of knockdowns and a target combos.

-Nice AA into the Raida

-Good use of the few links you used in the set.

Cons:

-IMO I felt you could have punished the dive kicks a lot more. You mostly just did a small TC

-No use of wakeup moves. I'm not sure if she has one but i thought you could have used her srk kick to stop my crossups.

-Using the same TC (LP, MP, HP) with the same ender (QCB+ K). I didn't see u try the reset TC once. (HP, down HK, HK) I think is the input.

-Using the same TC on kunai vortex crossup, while it may not really matter if I block it. I began reading what moves you were gonna use.

For both of us: Same as you said. My reason for not trying links is becuz I usually get punished badly everytime I try them so I just stick to cr. mk. As for jumping, I blame for using Gen, I'm used to jumping a lot and using his jump ins to confuse ppl. I have to remember I'm using Juri and not the old man. Neutral Looking forward to our next set Mince. I hope they will be better than this one. bounce
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:55 pm

- She doesn't really have any wake up moves besides EX Kazegiri (SRK Kick), her normal versions will get stuffed by nearly everything (it's even worse than using Vega's Scarlet Terror on wake up and we know how much that can get stuffed)...though I should use the EX version from time to time

- I have to work on my TC hit confirms, I've gotten better with knowing if it hits or not to either end in Neckbreaker or the Tsumuji (spin kick). If her reset TC gets blocked, she's at a negative frame advantage or if I even SJC out of it, there's not much else she can do (even SJC Kasumi Gake - the horrible command dash that leaves her at a slight frame disadvantage) won't offer much even if for a mix up (but yes I should work on it more especially if I know I connect with the beginning of the TC)

- Her LK Tsumuji is an excellent poke and provides good chip damage...I've gotten to used to using it I guess and should break that habit (it's sorta like Ryu with his cr. mk>Hadouken if I had to relate it to something for simple pokes)

- I DEF need to work on the Vortex, I shouldn't always use the Kunai

Thanks, I'll work on everything and try to improve...let's fight again soon and continue providing CC's if we spot anything else
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:10 am

This is for Pabbs using Cody against my Fuerte:

I have almost nothing but good things to say. You played excellently and after watching our matches several times (I still haven't uploaded them yet but I will soon) it was difficult for me to pinpoint anything for you to really work on...

The Positive
- Cody has excellent normals (unlike Fuerte) and you used them expertly, constantly frame trapping me and confirming into combos
- Your fast reactions to Fuerte's mixup game was great, either dashing away from his Tostadas or Tortillas or just reacting to the Hab Dashes in general
- Because you sparingly used tick throws (unlike the rest of us) you made it extremely difficult to read
- The use of your specials was flawless, you used them only in combos or from a safe distance and as for the unsafe ones, you FADC'd out of them preventing me from countering
- You combo'ing into the low Ruffian Kick was smarter than using the Criminal Upper, the untechable knockdown allowed you to play a strong wake up game

Something to Work On
- You're always linking into cr. lk to combo into a special, why don't you use cr. mp instead? It does far more damage and it isn't a difficult link
- Try the knife more often, chipping away at an opponents life points with just normals isn't that bad of a strategy (and it isn't difficult to just throw it away if you're not liking it), yeah you can't use your specials but at the end of a round and you're winning, your opponent will fear you more and will make stupid mistakes to avoid that knife

After watching our matches, I saw many things for me to work on but I would like to hear from you...also I want matches with you to CC my Ibuki
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:33 pm

BTW our matches are up on Youtube
Back to top Go down
PABBS78046

PABBS78046

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:00 pm

Nice. I'll watch them so I can critique you.
Back to top Go down
PABBS78046

PABBS78046

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:32 am

The Positive
- Excellent use of Fuerte's dizzied lowered hitbox to avoid my followup combo
-I love your hit and run style. Once you knocked me down you would do as much damage as possible til I recovered and then you would run away to safety.
-Your really good at keeping your life lead.
- Deadly Habanero dash mixups whether it was from a blockstring or after a knockdown.
- You make good use of fuerte's crappy normals. I feel like Far standing Hk is his best normal. It hits twice to break armor, excellent reach, and it has amazing recovery when it whiffs. You always trick me into trying to punish it, but since it has little recovery I usually always eat a grab which leads to more mixups.
-RSF

The negative
-Never ever force me to hear Cody's japanese voice for 30 minutes straight AGAIN!!!. Nah im kidding. I actually started liking his voice
- You were a bit too FA happy at times. I heard the sound of glass breaking quite abit or sometimes your FA would completely miss leaving you open. ( My fault for failing to punish those with at least an Ultra).
-Upon getting knocked down rarely would you sit there and just block. Most of the time you reversal'ed. Against better players they will OS you. I understand wanting to get away from being pressured as quickly as possible but sometimes it's best to just sit there and block & tech.

Sorry for the crappy CC. Its 4:29 in the morning and Im typing this on an empty stomach. Also I went ahead and watched all the videos again just to make sure If i was correct about you doing reversals on your wakeup.

if only fuerte and Cody had SRK *sigh*

Can't wait to face your Ibuki.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:00 pm

Shaady: I played your Adon more than your Akuma so this will just be your Adon

Pros
- You did well with hit confirming into his Jaguar Knee
- Congrats on FADC'ing into Ultra, keep practicing it so you have it down pat
- Decent pressure with his Jaguar Kicks, it's good for pressure and chip

Cons
- You jumped way too much, nearly everything you did was from a jump in which I basically AA'd most of the time...stay grounded (you did much better when you did)
- Don't LK Jaguar Kick from nearly point blank range, you'll go over them if they are crouching or you'll have less frame advantage if they are standing
- Practice tick throwing, it'll help your game
- As I have mentioned, stay grounded and work on your footsies and pokes, you did a lot of damage that way when you were sticking to that
- I noticed you mashed his Jaguar Knee when under pressure...that's not too bad but don't make it a habit, an opponent can bait it and punish you severely
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:36 am

Part 1

GGS from last night Proto. You mentioned you have a little trouble against Yun, Bison and Dhalsim. Unfortunately I don't know anything about Yun and I only know the basics for Bison and Dhalsim so I couldn't give you a ton of good practice against them. But here is a CC for your Blanka, first in general and then match up specific from what I noticed.

General
First thing is first. You HAVE to get down his cl.LP>electricity. It's a must. I can definitely relate to a new controller so I'll give you some leeway (you actually did use it some of the times in our matches). But it's gonna have to be second nature once we get to EVO.

Second, try not to use his HP ball from full screen. It can either be stuffed or punished on block. I was able to punish you a lot, putting you down for my wake up game. Keep it simple. If from far away, just use LP Ball to build meter and to advance at the same time. When closer, still use LP Ball and not hit the opponent to cause a mix up. This you did a few times and was good. Though don't always go for a throw. Mix up with cl.LP>electricity or a block string.

Third, mix up with his command dash. You did well with crossups, fake crossups and such with it. But don't always go with the grab. Like his Ball, go into LP>electricity or a block string. If you're daring, you can also charge an up ball if you feel they will try to poke you out of it or try to tech a coming throw. For your wake up game, it's good to corpse hop with it but don't go for his overhead, it's really slow, not very damaging and leaves you back in a stalemate. Keep mobile. Mix it up with a corpse hop and jump over them for another cross up or whatever else comes to mind.

Fourth, every single time you went for a jump in, you went instantly with st.HK. I was slow to react to them but again, mix it up. Use what I mentioned above with the electricity and such.

Fifth, your pokes were pretty good but calculate them. Don't just throw them out over and over. Mix up between the pokes instead of repeating the same normal. His f.st.LP, f.st.MP, cr.MK, and from very far his cr.HP and Amazon River Run are his best pokes. Use these to pressure your opponent to get in.

Lastly, stop ultra'ing from mid screen. I will destroy it every time. And I noticed you used it a ton on wake up. I baited it almost every time. Keep an eye on your opponent and how they react to certain situations. It's tough to get out of this habit at first but you can get it done within a month. Try to use it on their wake up as well. See if you can practice the dash ultra to cross them up. Also, if they are really low on health, use it! The chip damage is insane and there is almost little that any character can do to stop it.

On a side note, practice OS Tech. I was able to throw you easily. This will stop you from getting tossed around a lot.
Back to top Go down
Protocol

Protocol

PSN : protocol2000

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:49 am

Hey I really appreciate the CC Mince, I got some work to do! I'll use this as my study guide and do my best to get these basics down!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Constructive Criticism Thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next