Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DescrubifyHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSB!
YouTube

Here you will see our member's YT pages.  You'll see SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE & other games as well. Please rate, comment and subscribe.  :D

mincereth

SSFIV:AE

Crimson_Thirst

SSFIV:AE, SF3:OE

DGWeasel

umataro42

Smooth-XLR

SF3:OE

JB-FTW1

SF3:OE

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Stay tuned y'all...
Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm by mrmajikbus45
I return in 2 weeks. I'm better than ever. Rested. Recovered completely now from my medical issues... See you soon.

Comments: 3

Official Constructive Criticism Thread

Go down 
+12
Shaady
Protocol
raij1n
Teez
PABBS78046
Shinto
DGWeasel
Smooth
Leon
squishybee
Clockmonsta
Mincereth
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Shaady

Shaady

PSN : SpeeDPuNcH

Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:59 pm

I'll take some! I need some tips on what to do more or less.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PSN : Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:42 am

Is that Goten as your icon? That's awesome! I'll write something up for you a little bit later today...though I would like to get in matches with you where it's just me and you and we can work on some things with your main as well as your Ibuki.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mincereth
Shaady

Shaady

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Yea that's Goten, and thanks mince that'd be awesome! I'm trying to balance out all my mains, right now my Adon is ahead of all of them. I'll be on today unless something comes up.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PSN : Smooth-XLR

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:21 pm

I also want some criticism on my Chun and Yun. Any tips are welcome as well.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Did you guys fight a bit more while I left last night? I'll be on a bit later today sometime around 8 ish (hopefully). I'd like to get in 1v1s though. That way I can write a proper CC for you guys
Back to top Go down
Shaady

Shaady

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Sadly no, I was busy trying to fix my computer after photoshop messed up my icons.
Back to top Go down
AuthenticBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:38 am

I would like some "constructive criticism"! Please hmu on my PSN to play
AuthenticBlaze
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Since Shaady asked for a CC, I'll do my best Razz

In general: Stay grounded and STOP jumping! Mad lol Learn to handle pressure. Be careful with the FAs as well. (Mostly Viper's)

Adon: Start working on your ground game. Use more of his pokes i.e. St. HK, Cr. MP, Cr. MK etc. Be careful not to overuse his Jaguar Kick too much. There were times where I knew exactly when you were going to JK. Try to mix it up more.

Viper: I know she's completely new to you so it'll be pretty basic stuff. Try not to jump with her too much unless your opponent is knocked down. Do more feints, instant BKs and seismos to keep people on edge. Also, learn a few of her bnbs: cr. lp, st. lk, cr. mp xx TK (MP), and her FFF combo. She's a very technical and reactionary character so always be ready to do something.

I would post more but I don't know these characters too well. But maybe you can get something from these videos.

Edit: The Viper video has advanced stuff, go through her trials first, to get a grasp of what kind of combos you might try. (if you haven't already)
Back to top Go down
Jaywu

PSN : Damijer

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:21 am

Since Mince requested a CC (Even if he did destroy me), here goes:

Ryu:

Pros
- Good defense, felt like fighting a wall at times.
- Good job blowing up my cr techs.
- Good use of focus against my dive kicks. Limited me greatly (Obviously).
- Liked how you jabbed out my dive kicks at times.

Cons
- At times, I think you were a bit too FA happy. Started to do more cr mk, spiral arrows and delayed dive kicks.
- Noticed too many sweeps at times. If I was half decent, I could've FA'd those. lol
- Too cr. tech happy it seems (A problem for me too). I should've punished those a bit more. Guess that habit was somewhat my fault.
- Jumped in on me openly at times. My fault for not dping those enough.
- I'm spoiling you badly.

Viper:

Pros
- Nice punishes.
- Good job baiting the crap out of me with the burn kicks. Made me look silly.
- Those delayed burn kicks seems to always get me.
- Good neutral jump defense.

Cons
- Execution with those feints.
- Careful with the ground pounds.
- Careful on wake up. Cammy's got some stupid OS's on her. I think you can beat the non jump in ones with reversal dp, though I would probably just block unless you have a good read or have meter to burn. BTW, this probably doesn't apply to my Cammy lol.
- Aside from that one series of overheads (which all hit lol), I don't think you used it enough.
- I can usually autocorrect dp those burn kicks flying across the screen. Careful.

I'm positive you know most of this stuff already. Either way, you still pretty much dominated me.
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:34 am

Thanks for the CC. I needed it a lot. Nobody ever seems to want to write me one Sad

For Ryu, I kept trying to bait a spiral arrow or your spin knuckle...you totally didn't take the bait lol You used to never SRK me in the past but now that you are, I'll be more aware of you (damn), and I didn't destroy you, it was 5-4 my Ryu...you came back easily

For Viper, my execution sucks as you can see. I tend to do feints after normals cause its flashy and fun...which screws me up haha Those overheads were a fluke and I doubt that moment will happen again (I do need to use them more) And Cammy owns Viper, a lot of the times I was afraid to approach haha

I def want more matches, let me know if you want a CC (but you already know what I would probably say)
Back to top Go down
mrmajikbus45

mrmajikbus45

PSN : majikbus45

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Protoman- First off GGs, since you left the chat. Your Guile is of decent caliber, and you can handle your own from what I saw. Your problems that you have are the constant SB after you knocked me down. I punished you alot for that. On knockdown, get your spacing back, you're a Guile player. Also, when you were mixing me up alot, and causing me to lose my charge, you would back off and let me regain. You had me plenty of times confused, and you walked away from them. Your execution is a bit lacking, but nothing that you can't repair with a bit more time. I watched many whiffed SB and FK. Also, you need to learn that EX FK is a great punish to alot of bad attacks, and goes thru fireballs in the opening frames.

I did enjoy our fights, and used a few characters to see how u used Guile in a variety of situations. Also, stop st lk, cr, lk, cr lk, cr lk (pause) cr hk (on block) Flash kick. Once I learned that pattern (which u used often), I punished, and you didn't adapt. Add me, we'll play more.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:16 am

Well DG asked for a CC, I'll try and give good advice. This is off memory since I don't have the replays anymore and also I realized I suck in mirrors Neutral Anyway...

-Be very careful throwing out lunge punches randomly, it may work on me but I doubt it'll work against a good player or someone with good reactions.

-I noticed you backdashed almost every time you did a lunge punch or even if you got in for a second. I caught on early but didn't punish effectively.

-While it maybe tempting try not to ultra after a blocked lunge punch, a majority of the time I messed up my punish and got hit by it.

-Work on his footies, he has a great St. MP. And learn how to use his dive kick more effectively.

-Save your meter for Genei Jin, it's much better than FADC everything. Try not to FA too much, it has terrible range.

Hopefully next time I'll do better, I haven't been having much fun with Yun lately. Till next time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:31 pm

My CC's are long over due. So for my first one, it is for you Shaady cause you've been patient.

Adon

Lots of improvement over the past few weeks. It's quite impressive how you toned down from wildly throwing out Jaguar Kicks and Jaguar Tooths. You are much more grounded and oriented using his footsies which you're using to great effect. You're also landing Jaguar Knee > FADC > U2 more often than before (where the Ultra wouldn't even come out). Though you haven't quite mastered the IAJK, it's good to see you trying it. It'll be awhile before you get it (it's not easy!) but keep at it.

Now for things to work on.

- It's ok to mash out with a reversal once in awhile. His Jaguar Knee is meant for this. But beware of using it, especially his LK version. It doesn't have invincibility. His MK has a bit I believe but I do know his HK one does. His HK version is the best for reversal cause it'll blow through normals. It may not have the range like LK but I perfer it. Also, if you do whiff or your opponent blocks, you're in for big punishment.

- Don't fall in the habit of doing the same thing over and over again. This is mainly in response to when you go for a cross up after knocking your opponent down. Here are the patterns you fell into:

A) Jump MK (cross up), cr. LP, cr, LP...if they blocked, you jump over them for a cross up. If you hit, you jump over them for a cross up...
B) Jump MK (cross up), cr. LP, walk up throw...if they blocked or hit them, you walked up and threw...
C) Jump MK (cross up), cr. LK > LK Jaguar Knee (whether they blocked or not)

Then you'll do the process over again. DO NOT fall into this flowchart. It's fine to do this once in awhile. I saw you work it on other players but when you tried it on me, I stopped you in your tracks. People will catch on...eventually lol

- As much as I love to see you poke, you were mainly using st. HK. It's a great poke, don't get me wrong, great damage and hits twice to break focus attacks and armor. But he does have others. His cr. MP is fast and can cancel into his specials. It's the same with cr. MK. His far st. LK is cancelable and it's fast. A great counter poker. Cancel it into Jaguar Kick for a quick get in. It isn't a tight string so use it sparingly.

That's pretty much it for your Adon. As for those few things, you're well on your way to being a great Adon. You're already good. Now just to take the next step up. bounce

Back to top Go down
DGWeasel

DGWeasel

PSN : DGWeasel

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Thanks BB, I knew FA would make it in there, since I have that bad habit, lol

As far as saving meter for Genei jin, I have a tendency of activating it poorly, IE; on blocked shoulder or Cl.St.Mk, or even the occasional full screen WTF moment, lol. So I enjoy the lil bit of safety it creates.

And to the dash punch ultra bait. I know it's a bad tactic, but I've landed it so many times against pokers, that it's become almost second nature. Hell, I've even caught Mince with it a bunch of times, lol

Thanks again BB. Mince! You better get crackin! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/DGWeasel
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:16 pm

Here is my next CC for Shaady, this time for a different character:

Viper

She is a tough character to learn. I admit it. You will have to use her a lot for a long time to get her down. Not that I'm putting down your skills and effort, it's just she needs this time to learn.

Here's a few things I learned of your Viper during a small session.

- You will try to go for a TK pressure string starting with cr.MK>MP TK. This is great. Then you will follow up with another cr.MK>MP TK...not so great. MP TK leaves you at -1 on block. cr.MK is 7F for startup. You're essentially behind 8 frames from your opponent. You started using cr.MP afterwards instead which is much better. It's 2 frames faster than cr.MK so it helps. It's still not perfect but you'll catch a lot more people with it.

- I like that you're already incorporating feints in your gameplay. You're using it to force them to jump and to act rashly. I noticed you mainly use it from afar. That isn't so bad right now because you're still learning with her. Trust me, I was using feints from across the screen just because that's all I could use them for. Choose your feints well though depending on the distance. I won't be afraid of TK feints. I won't be hit from them across the screen lol Mix in Seismo feints instead from time to time (and actually use it on occasion so that your opponent doesn't think you're just feinting and not attacking).

- Viper is about pressure. When you get that knockdown, you need to overwhelm your opponent. A lot of the times you would back away and let them rise. Don't! Use a Seismo on their wake up (I love this option cause they have to block low...otherwise get hit - unless of course they have inv frames on a move). Another option you can do is use a Burn Kick right as their getting up. And you want to do it right above their heads so that a lot of their moves whiff. This will take time getting used to for setting up the BK right. You want to use MK/HK to cross up or LK to stay in front. You have to train them to block one way and then go the other way the next. Always keep mixing it up. This is one of her best mix up tools. I need to put it in my gameplay too lol

- Try using her bnb's when in close. Use cr.LK (or cr.LP), st.LK, cr.MP>MP TK. Of course use her poke of cr.MK/cr.MP>MP TK. Just use her faster attacks when up close instead of purely going for cr.MK>MP TK.

This is much less a critique than just what to use in the beginning. Of course practice her FFF combo in training and use it to punish when you get the chance when in an actual match. The more you use it, the better you'll get at it. Once you improve your abilities with her, you can move on to using feints when up close and personal (like right off a cr.LP and such). Can't wait to see her again and see how much better you got with her bounce
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Ok here's my CC for Shaady:

Adon

-First off, don't get in the habit of doing things repetitive. You always seem to do the EXACT same setup every time you got a hit or if something is blocked. It's nice if you try it once but you gonna have to vary your pressure. Too many times I knew what you were gonna do.

-Learn how to hit confirm into specials (i.e. Cr. MP into Rising Jag) it will do wonders for you and will give you an opportunity to get in. Also if you get a jump in, please combo into something. Every time you got a clean hit in you always did jab throw. Never give up a chance to do damage.

-Don't be afraid to poke and move forward, pretty much every time a match started you walked backwards. Adon's normals have great priority, stand your ground and poke.

-Don't get to jumpy when you have a knockdown.

Seth

-For the love of God, don't spam FA!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Seth is not the guy you wanna FA too much with. Even if you get ppl with it sometimes it's definitely not something you want to get into a habit with. Most of the time I was like this scratch Trying to figure why you were doing that.

-Don't do the same link over and over again. Learn different strings.

-Not once did you attempt a Tanden engine mixup. Learn it.

-The Sonic Boom into teleport cross up is a good idea but you made it obvious you were going for it.

Yun

-Again not another character you wanna FA with. It's slow and has crappy range.

-Establish a ground game with St. MP, it has great range and priority.

-Learn how to get in with Dive kicks and learn his bnbs. Don't forget to add command grab in for mix up.

-Don't lunge punch too much. Also, I noticed you were mashing DP during my links, while it works...Yun can't FADC so if you missed or get baited you'll get punished hard. Be careful doing that.

-Last thing and probably the most important....learn his GENEI JIN! It's a must to know how to use this effectively, if you don't learn it you might as well quit using him. (Sorry if it sounds harsh, but it's essential to know it)

-Be careful doing the St. MP xx LP shoulder, it isn't a block string and you can get hit out of it. It's good for pressure but don't abuse it too much.

Ok, thats about it. GGs once again Shaady, keep practicing, you're getting better just have to change your game up more.
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PSN : feiinweltall

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:14 am

Shaady - Yun

If I'm using Fei, and you try to FA war me, I'll win... every single time.

Quit mashing upkicks when I start a combo / blockstring.

Don't start of the round alternating between dash punch and hozanto. Bot are easily blocked, and punished, unles its EX dash.

You had a Genei Jin opprotunity but blew the meter on ex Hozanto, then you dies :p

Don't use Palm against a Fei with meter. EX CW goes through it cause palm is treated like a projectile
Back to top Go down
Shaady

Shaady

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Alrighty Fei, here's my CC for you.
I only played you with fei, what I noticed from the first game, you FA ALOT.

Those links are good, but you don't need to do a FA to get them in.

Also, the random rekkas are good, but be careful when you use them, I almost knew when you were gonna do it and threw out a poke to stop you.

also, don't do the same thing to counter, because I caught on after a while and punished.

That's it, next time we FT10 I won't use Fei xD
Back to top Go down
DGWeasel

DGWeasel

PSN : DGWeasel

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:48 am

Shaady, you requested it, so I'll see what I can do/say, lol.

ADON
-------

First thing I'll say, should help you IMENSELY against me. Whenever you see someone charge a FA, and your in range. use St.Hk, it hits twice, breaking FA.

Don't always go for the crossover, as you saw, I adapted to them very quickly.

Don't always jump after a blockstring. Alot of times a simple back dash is the best option, it can lead to punishable mashed counters. Another option is Lk.Wall Dive, it'll build space and give you a little meter.

If you feel you HAVE to jump, be aware of the counter jump, I did this to you many times, and with Adon's good forward dash, you can easily crossunder for mixups, or go for a cresent kick, or wall dive.

Use his air cresent kick more.

Your Adon is comming along nicely, but you needta break out of using the same setups repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/DGWeasel
Mincereth
Admin
Mincereth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Ok guys, with AE 2012 out, this thread will be coming alive again in the next few months. Most of us don't get to go to tournaments to test our skills so this is the best we can do. Let's get ready for it!

I'll do my best to help out anyway I can and vice versa. For us all to have different view points it'll help.
Back to top Go down
Slaynman

Slaynman

PSN : Slaynman

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:06 pm

I really have to face you guys more, but I gots no internets at the moment. So when I can hopefully I can do good enough not to be criticized too much. Razz
Back to top Go down
Shaady

Shaady

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Smooth!! I'm thinking about picking rose up. If you would please get some games and give my all the critisism I can get!
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Admin
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Sure, just let me know when and I'll get on.
Back to top Go down
raij1n

raij1n

PSN : feiinweltall

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Me too.

Another FT10 :p
Back to top Go down
Shaady

Shaady

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:13 am

^ I'm down!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Constructive Criticism Thread   Official Constructive Criticism Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Constructive Criticism Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next